Spoiler alert: result just in

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by WhitmanSampler, Sep 26, 2008.

1. WhitmanSampler

WhitmanSampler 250+ Posts

Read no further if you want to watch the debate yourself!!

The Link

"McCain Wins Debate!" declares the ad which features a headshot of a smiling McCain with an American flag background. Another ad spotted by our eagle-eyed observer featured a quote from McCain campaign manager Rick Davis declaring: "McCain won the debate-- hands down."

Here's the screenshot.
    The Link

2. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

I bet this ad was in the queue to run after the debate, but when the McCain camp gave the order to put all ads back up after his campaign "suspension" was lifted, this one was accidentally put up as well. Pretty funny.

3. Whitman Mayo

Whitman Mayo 500+ Posts

Please. The REAL results from tonight's debate.

The view from the left: Oustanding job by Obama, he is clearly more prepared to lead this country. McCain looked tired and stammered to much.

The view from the Right: McCain hit is OUT OF THE PARK*, Obama for as great a speaker he is supposed to be, didn't live up to the hype.

You can copy and paste those two replies about 100 times from now till monday.

* I am setting the over under at 17 reference on the WM to "hitting it out of the park/homerun" that seems to be everyones favorite analogy for speeches/debates. You will hear it no less then 30 times post debate tonight on TV from the talking heads.

4. WhitmanSampler

WhitmanSampler 250+ Posts

Yes, and as an Obama supporter, I am quite confident that if Obama does poorly, his campaign manager will announce that "we lost, but he'll do better next time!!"

5. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

6. sak

sak 250+ Posts

Indeed. Kerry killed Bush (not that difficult to do) and got a 10 ot bounce, which evaporated in a couple of weeks. I think the country is too polarized for anything to matter. See this forum. People are standing by their candidate no matter. It could turn out that McCain or Obama is a serial killer and people here will still spin it as leadership and patriotism.

7. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Obama is not Kerry.
    I am sure even if JM went mute during the debate the right will give an out of the park speech.

8. Sooner in Korea

Sooner in Korea 250+ Posts

9. Whitman Mayo

Whitman Mayo 500+ Posts

So what will the crowd split in Oxford be tonight? 70/30 McCain?

10. sak

sak 250+ Posts

My point was that the irrespective of what you think of Kerry, the debates were so one sided he got a 10 pt bump (-8 to +2), which then disappeared in a couple of weeks. Remember the convention bounces? Again we are back to where we started, Obama up 3-4 pts. The debates might give a bounce to either Obama or McCain, but 2 weeks from now, we would be back to status quo.

11. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

12. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Y'all forgot the "Obama gave a rockstar performance tonight, while McCain looked like the AARP version of the Shrub".

[​IMG]

13. Whitman Mayo

Whitman Mayo 500+ Posts

Those are good, but none will touch the number of home run analogies, from both sides.

14. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

15. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

It is funny that the Chinese got caught releasing "interviews" with their new astronauts as if just returned to earth, unfortunately they got released a bit too early when they were still in space. Fake.

16. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts