Spokane Regional

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 21, 2022.

1. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Guess I’m getting old. All those parents look way too young to have college students as kids!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Hate to lose such a winnable game. So many different ways we could have won, but hey...it was an incredible run. Hats off to Texas, Coach Vic and his staff. Can't wait to see who he picks up in the transfer portal. Next year, I predict we'll make the Final Four.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  3. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I'm impressed we beat them this season. That's one tall team. Jeez.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Free throws got-dammit! Oh well back-to-back Elite 8 appearances in his first two years with only a few players he recruited. I'm good with it... The future is bright.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

On top of losing we have to listen to Beth Mowens and her irritating “announcer voice” - she’s the worst and it’s more irritating when you’re getting beat.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ut1969

ut1969 250+ Posts

It was a good season. No points in the paint and missed free throws. Hard to win that way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Alright Coach we need 9 pts in 14 seconds. What's the plan?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Great season! Big 12 trophy and back to back Elite Eight appearances and a bunch of Freshmen contributors. Future is very bright at Texas! :bevo:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Great effort tonight.

But, too many mistakes, and not enough offensive execution down the stretch. We never adjusted to getting our shots blocked as we just went too deep with our drives; same thing happened in November.

It's rare for us to win a game if Matharu has zero points, and that's what she had tonight. Gaston getting zero points doesn't help, but we've overcome that in some games.

Biggest issue was getting out-rebounded 44-28. The only thing that can overcome that is great shooting and great free throw shooting, and we didn't do have either.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  10. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Tara needs to go shake hands with the refs.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

Please don’t be in this forum being negative. Cause unless somebody wants to reveal themselves NONE OF US have been or played in a elite 8. These ladies have given they all this season and losing to a better team is nothing to hang our head about. Before anybody rips this game apart free throws, or who didn’t well, or refs or whatever the case may be. They shook a great Cardinal team and held them below they average. Be grateful because Texas wbb is back. Also these ladies are NOTHING SHORT OF WHAT IT MEANS “TEXAS FIGHT”

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Texas should’ve won this game if they played like they have for the past month. Missed free throws, terrible officiating, and not boxing out cost us. Confused as to why Matharu sat the bench so long in the 2nd half when she was one of the main reasons Texas won against Stanford. I wish we would’ve got the same Ebo we saw at the end of the regular season but oh well.

I’m still proud of this team and what they were able to accomplish this season. I sense a national championship coming sooner rather than later for this program. Rori Harmon is going to be a special player for years to come and the same goes for Moore and Lattimore.

I enjoyed discussing this season with everyone :(:hookem:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Now, got to get ready to cheer for NCState to beat UConn. Time to end their annual trip to the final 4.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

That's not why we lost. See Moooooo's post above.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

It was a GREAT season!

Just sad it ended this way with a game looked winnable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  16. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Thank God the game is over so I don't have to see ANOTHER SHOT OF STANFORD PARENTS IN THE FRIGGIN STANDS CHEERING ON THEIR KIDS.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Everybody bashing individual Texas players and coaches ought to be saying something about how good Stanford is. Geez

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Shoooooot, who had these kids making the Elite 8 after losing 3 games in a row earlier this season??

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

So very proud of this team and all they did this year. It was an amazing run that just came up a bit short. No matter how bad we feel I'm sure its nothing compares to the dissapointment the team is feeling right now. We will all be just fine..Hookem!
    Now lets meet at the Softball Thread...lol:bevo:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Ehhh, Stanford is good but definitely beatable. They have a lot of length which really affected us but at the same time Texas didn’t play like how we’ve been playing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

It's been real! Looking forward to next season. Thanks Seniors! What a ride!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  22. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Which had quite a bit to do with Stanford who just won, what, their 25th in a row or something

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Great season, can’t complain. Expect to be here again next year and win 2 more! Looking forward to an interesting year with new coaches in the B12, transfers … Hook’em!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Great play this season. Enjoyed how the players bonded and raised their game. Thanks to all players and Coaches for a fun year. Can’t wait for next year.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Bashing players??? I don't see that anywhere. I see people showing appreciation for our team and for the great season we had. Pointing out deficiencies (free throws, rebounds, and lack of inside production) is not equivalent to bashing individual players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Need to get a tough, mobile post in the transfer portal. E o got her lunch eaten.

Love this team and their “Texas Fight”.

Move Bailor, there is a new big dog in town.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Great season. Congrats to the players and coaches. Vic got everything out of this team. The players coming in next year should help fill weaknesses. Adding size in the backcourt and on the wing will help tremendously.

But they need a true center in the worst way with Ebo graduating. We'll now see what happens in the offseason. As we all know, the offseason has become totally unpredictable with the transfer portal and coaching movement.

• Agree Agree x 5
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Big shout out to JAT and Audrey, they showed some good senior leadership in these two regional games.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  29. UTSUgrad

UTSUgrad 250+ Posts

Ebo was a tough mobile post against everyone else … Stanford had 2-3 players around her all game.

• Agree Agree x 4
  30. lovevb

lovevb < 25 Posts

Thank you! I feel exactly the same way. I am so proud of this team and its coaches. What this group of young ladies was able to accomplish this season was remarkable and the future of the Lady Longhorn basketball program is bright. I love being a part of Hornfans and appreciate those of you who bring a positive perspective to the forum. These ladies played their hearts out and never gave up; the coaches "coached them up" and the team improved throughout the season. We pushed Standford to the end and put ourselves in a position to possibly "steal" a win. It didn't happen but the "Texas Fight" was there and that's all you can ask. Congratulations to the Texas Women's Basketball Team and coaching staff on a tremendously successful season......it was so much fun to be able to share their journey.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1