Sports and Politics on Hornfans

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Dionysus, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

INTRO

1. This site is managed and moderated by one person. I do my best to stay on top of things here but I work full time, have a family, etc. My time is limited so it has become increasingly important that Hornfans members comply with the Posting Guidelines and the policy below (which is incorporated into the Posting Guidelines).

We are all adults and capable of following simple rules. Most here do this very well. If you are unable or unwilling to do so your account will be permanently banned. I am not babysitting disrespectful people who can’t be bothered to know the rules and comply with them.

2. Political rhetoric and bickering in the sports threads has gotten out of hand. This stops today.

------------------------------

SPORTS & POLITICS POLICY

The unprecedented weirdness of 2020 has seen politics permeate just about everything in our country, and it has been no different on Hornfans. Some of our fellow members here like to engage on those topics, and others don’t. There are fans who just want to enjoy sports without being lectured on the political and cultural implications of every damn thing. It is tiresome and it spoils the joy of UT Sports for many of us.

Hornfans has always been a platform primarily for UT Sports, and I’d like for it to remain a good place for those discussions. We also have a forum dedicated to political topics, everyone knows about it, and we are going to restore some separation between the two. I have asked repeatedly for members to keep their political comments out of the sports threads, with very limited effect, so it is time for a policy that will be enforced.

Strict Enforcement — Beginning IMMEDIATELY

We will no longer have our sports threads being derailed with political comments. We’ve had our Covid Sports Hiatus and it is over.

1. Threads to discuss political issues—including the political aspects of sports—will be posted on the West Mall, not on a sports forum. Failure to do this will result in the deletion of your post and a 3-day suspension of your account. Subsequent violations will result in a permanent ban.

2. For threads on a sports forum, stay on the topic of sports and keep the political commentary out of it. Users who do not comply will get a 3-day suspension on their account. Subsequent violations will result in a permanent ban.

If you don’t know the difference between a sports-related comment and one that’s political in nature—or where the line exists between the two—figure that out before you post, or don’t post anything. This is your responsibility to manage and I will ban aggressively on this one point.

What you can do to help

I cannot review every post. If you see off-topic posts, or a political thread started in a sports forum, please hit the Report button below the post and let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  2. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Thank you, Dion...please post this in the Football Forum as some have forgotten/never read the policy.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

If you see political comments on sports threads please hit the Report button under the post to let me know. I am the only one that will know who reported it.

4. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Thanks 1,000,000, Dion.

• Like Like x 1