Spring Football

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Mar 3, 2017.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not that much will be unveiled offensively anyway.

2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 2
  3. SeattleHorns

SeattleHorns < 25 Posts

I like this guy more ever single time I hear him speak. The attention to detail of making sure players are properly hydrated by using a urine test at every practice? I may be out of touch but I haven't heard of anyone else doing something like that. That is incredibly smart. Hydration and rest are the two biggest most controllable ways to prevent additional injuries.

I love it. This guy has his head on straight. We're going to play foundationally correct football. We may still lose games, but not because we don't know how to understand the basics of the game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Or that we lost because we neglected, totally neglected, an entire phase of the game. That of course being special teams that were special only because of the stink they put out.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

When referring to that phase of the game during Strong's tenure, use quotation marks. Those were "special" teams.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A few notes --

Deshon Elliott looks good, has more urgency, thoughts of the NFL
    Anthony Wheeler is the current MLB but Gary Johnson is not here yet.
    Freeman is actually pushing MJ

• Like Like x 1
  10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't surprise me at this point. Herman has got to find someone who can teach MJ the position as the physical ability obviously is there.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I bet MJ stays another year even if he has a good year.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  13. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Awesome

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last time I looked, his name was still on the roster

– Team Note | Erick Fowler: As many of you know by now there have been multiple outlets reporting on the departure or imminent departure of Texas LB, Erick Fowler.

I spoke with a source and was told that Fowler was having what the source described as “maturity issues” this spring. However the source also said that Fowler does not want to leave and is seeking a second chance from the staff if possible. The source wasn’t able to comment on whether Fowler would be afforded another chance or if the staff was even in a position to do so. But the source made it clear that Fowler does not want to transfer and he is making an attempt to stay. Whether it’s too little too late at this point, I do not know. – (Super K)

http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2017/05/open-post-tuesday-may-30th/

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  15. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

what i hope more than anything is that the young man deals with this challenge well and takes a big step towards manhood.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, I dont know. This is the first semi-positive thing I have seen on this situation in awhile

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

A first round pick at this point seems unjustified. Last I heard he's still in competition for OLB. I guess his potential might get him drafted but given his down year last year I couldn't see him drafted that high. But good publicity for the team to have a potential first rounder at the least, just hope he believes he needs to prove himself and isn't listening to the hype. Just to clarify I'm not meaning to be a hater, just seems projection is odd at this point.

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He has the potential, but only the NBA picks on potential alone. If he gets hurt or has issues adjusting to the new scheme, he will be better off staying another year to prove he can make quality adjustments.

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts