Spring practice halted

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ignoring works best

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Huh?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

hic
    The thread irritated him so much he wanted to poop the whole thread. I just suggested he just ignore the thread

6. horninchicago

I was pretending to ignore you. Joke didn't work.

:fiestanana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

8. horninchicago

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It says they tested positive but doesn't say if they are sick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. horninchicago

Brother, I am sending emergency help to get your sarcasm detector fixed.

:fiestanana:

Yes, that was my point. All this stupid *** testing of healthy and not sick athletic specimens. Absurd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

So which players went to Miami? Sark should cut them, that's the problem with the culture there. I can't imagine having a new coaching staff, competing for a starting job, and going partying in Miami instead of working out and trying to impress my coaches. Can these practices be made up?

It's going to take time to get this ship corrected, what a mess of a locker room...

12. horninchicago

So, players can't go somewhere on their off time? Did any of them get arrested or otherwise cause trouble? Are they sick? Could they not get 'rona anywhere but Miami?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Exactly! This treating of people like they're committing some heinous crime just for living their life needs to end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

When you get your covid shot, the place gives you a "shot card", which details date, type, place of shot, and is initialed by person administering the vaccine. Once you have both, they advise you to keep the card in a safe place because, "you may need it in the future".

I want to have that card silkscreened on a tshirt and have the back say, "I don't need no stinkin mask"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I travel often in my business....to a fairly diverse area of communities. I have been fascinated for the last year to see the wide ranging variation of reactions/responses to covid.
    I must say my own observation is the areas where people never really freaked out over this and have advanced throughout with the most open and liberal rules etc (meaning not stringent rules) (and have normalized at present) have been the happiest, the best adjusted, and the most healthy people groups throughout.

I was in four different areas just in Texas this week and to see one city/community still reeling, frozen in fear, acting as though it is March 2020 while another has completely moved on and enjoying life as normal is fascinating to me. There's nearly literally two different worlds people are living in now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  16. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

This^^^^^ post deserves an award

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

None were affected or came down sick with the Wuhan. We're hoping and praying they make a full recovery.

18. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

What's a "Wuhan?"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

The President of Tanzania had his medical labs test a sample of jackfruit. it tested positive for Covid19! He published that, mocking the PCR test. He got the same treatment as the inventor of the PCR test, Dr. Kary Mullis. He got dead, heart attack! Out of the blue. He was young and healthy.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

To those who are more in the know than me can you explain how they are saying the Spring Fame will still be same date as originally planned, April 24? I thought this delay would push everything back.

21. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

2Day's PC

• Like Like x 1
  22. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Good stuff Godz
    Glad to hear we will get all 15 practices in

• Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No, they are potentially missing practices.

24. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

McH ... coach said they can practice after spring game. All 15 will be held. It’s last question in press conference ...

• Like Like x 4
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

You might even call that shot card a “vaccine passport.”

As for the team, the coaches should lean on them to get the dang shots.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I know a half-dozen folks in my office in the 30-50 age range who got shots this week that were previously ineligible. I concluded that although appointments are hard to secure and require effort, it is not impossible. Can we vaccinate our players this weekend?

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The University of Texas has Medical Schools in Austin, San Antonio, Galveston, Houston, & Dallas; we ought to be able to get the entire campus vaccinated if we want.

OH WAIT! The BOR turned over MD Anderson & St Lukes, (plus who knows what else) to Catholic Healthcare Incompetence to mismanage and try to help cover their BILLION dollar a year operating loss. We can't get a sheet changed with those idiots in charge.

Seriously, have your employees in the Woodlands get their shots from a reputable location, which means Methodist, but certainly not the Sylvester Turner "pay to play" groups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Methodist by far gets the most accolades. People rave about how organized it is. St Luke’s is a basket case, sending folks to TSU and Rice to get shots. Then St Luke’s didn’t do enough to stop folks coming to Woodforest stadium without an appointment. I got mine at CVS. HEB and Kroger pharmacies just now getting doses. I would avoid St Luke’s if at all possible.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

St Luke’s was once a premier hospital, home of Denton Cooley and Texas Heart Institute. After our BOR contracted with CHI, St Luke’s lost a bunch of accreditation, including transplants and Medicare because the idiots in Denver failed to file the papers.

Doctors at Baylor College of Medicine now have to go to St Luke’s unless the patient requests Methodist. Tell you doctor you want Methodist and watch his eyes light up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

It's now a crime to get covid. It's amazing how people treat other people when they find out. Especially if they have social media posts being somewhere public without a mask. It's quite pathetic how shameless the judgmental people are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1