Spring Practice

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SeaGail, Mar 15, 2014.

1. SeaGail

SeaGail 100+ Posts

Anyone know when the first practice is scheduled? Any way to get a sneak peak?

Gail in WA (the state) [​IMG]

2. deserthorn

deserthorn 100+ Posts

this coming week.

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

An ESPN article (don't have link) on Strong and the program, gave 18th as start date, which would be Tue.

4. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Aren't all practices closed?

5. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I believe Tuesday, the 18th is correct. I hope LHN is able to show snippets of the practices as they have at times in the past. The video was long enough to see some of the players in drills and the coaches working but not long enough to compare players or get a feel for schemes. That's enough for my daily fix. That and some commentary by somebody who at least pretends to know more than I.

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I have heard all practices are closed.

7. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

cannot yet find info on texassports.com on this

site not very updated

mack is still head coach

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

SPRING PRACTICE WITH NEW HC CHARLIE STRONG STARTS TODAY! [​IMG]

10. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Spring football roster
    As mentioned by TFloss on SpursTalk.com, Aaron Benson, Garrett Greenlea and Bryant Jackson are not listed.

11. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Not listed. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Interesting! I counted 69 scholarships on the roster including former walk-ons Boyer and Rose. Add 20 from recent signing class (3 of the 2014 class are already included in the 69 - Anderson, Beck and Whiteley) and the scholarship count will be at 89, 4 over the limit for the Fall.

Might not hurt to double check that count. I did it quickly.

I was hoping Bryant Jackson would recover and play again. Texas is loaded at WR but only Sanders, Johnson and Shipley are proven to any extent.

13. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think the emergence of the young/redshirted guys like Oliver and Warrick will quell any doubts about whether we still need gimpy Jackson on the roster. I'd bet money that Armanti Foreman and Rod Bernard will see the field as true freshmen too.

Not surprised about Benson. He and Moss were CenTex Muschamp recruits who basically filled out a class of recruiting busts.

Greenlea is one of those guys who you just knew had to be forgotten or injured or something, especially when Mack and Searels went on and on about how great the 2013 OL class was and how they can immediately crack the two-deep... ahead of guys like Greenlea.

I still think Daje is going to be one of those "one screwup and you're out" guys, which will inevitably happen with his track record. Then we're down to 3 scholarships over the limit. Not sure how that will work out. I bet whoever doesn't win the kicking job will leave.

14. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

How are they ever going to get better if they won't let all us posters show up and critique the practices? It's like they don't even want our opinions.

15. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

Does that scholarship total take into account the two guys who just got booted off the team?

16. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Here are two articles from BON on the spring roster.
    Link Link

17. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

My number crunching included the recent exits of Leroy Scott and Chet Moss. They were not listed on the roster that I used to do the count.