Spring Snow!!

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by orangecat, Mar 20, 2010.

1. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

in McKinney, about an inch already, at this rate, will be about 3-4 inches by morning. I've heard of Amarillo having a spring snow, but never experienced it before now.

2. Bluepies

Bluepies Guest

About three years ago, it snowed in Dallas in April, though I don't think it stuck.

3. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

4. Bluepies

Bluepies Guest

Yeah I think it was the day before Easter, in the morning.

5. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

A couple of years ago, Temple got about 8 inches of snow on Easter Sunday. It was so beautiful. Just that soft kind of snowfall -- no ice or sleet.

6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

If I had wanted snow, I would have moved to Colorado. I'm ready for Spring!

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

and the final tally, in McKinney we got 8 inches, but Allen had the most with 9 inches. Probably the most snow I will ever see in one winter. By my count this winter we had a total of 22-23 inches of snow. Three snows, the big one, 12, a New Year's snow of 2 to 3 and this one, 8.

I really like the snow without ice kind of winter storm. I remember all the times growing up in the Austin area, it was always sleet and ice, never snow.

My mother was very brave one year. She made me drive home from school in the sleet and ice. I was a 16 year old, newly licensed driver. She sat through that in the front seat right next to me. It took me about an hour and half to drive the five miles home from high school.

8. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

Santa Fe, last week.
    We were marooned for 3-4 hours before they opened the interstates.
    [​IMG]