Sprint Customer Service

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by naijahorn, Aug 17, 2007.

1. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

I just bought a new Treo 755p but it has been atrocious inside my apartment; dropped calls, bad reception, calls go straight to voicemail, low volume, the whole nine yards.

So I call Sprint to get some help with this and this is what ensues:

Call Customer Service. Have to wade through the irritating auto-voice and request Technical Support.

Put on hold for 30 minutes. Call drops at minute 31.

Call back and repeat. Put on hold for 26 minutes. Get in contact with 'Brad.' Call drops 1 minute into the conversation.

Call back and get 'Lopez' immediately. Lopez is really clueless. These are the things he tells me:

(a) I will have to buy a new phone, but he can give me a 50 dollar discount. Mind you I bought this phone from Sprint at a store in mid-June.

(b) Sprint doesn't offer coverage in the area I'm in. Downtown Chicago.

(c) This is the best one; since the phone works outside I should go outside whenever I need to use my cellphone. I'm 20 stories up.

(d) Wait, he really isn't technical assistance and he needs to transfer me to another department. I ask and plead that I not be put on hold again with the transfer. He promises this will not be the case. I've been listening to elevator music for the past 15 minutes.

So please those who know; what is the procedure for getting out of my contract if my phone is unable to work indoors. I think I had heard this was possible before. This is an option I need to explore because this is ridiculous.

2. homer

homer 500+ Posts

I think you are SOL -- you had the first 30 days to test out the service. Unless you moved recently.

You can change your address to some area (somewhere in Idaho) that Sprint definitely doesn't provide service and plead your case. Maybe that'll work.

3. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

I've been in this apartment for 3 years now. The previous phone (still Sprint) didn't have these problems. Was in the hospital alot and didn't get to use the phone much, so these issues just started becoming apparent recently.