Spurs Man U FA cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hornin Hong Kong, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

70 minutes of great football. If not for Jenas' and Dawson's horrid shockers we may have won it all.

No one can say we didn't have our chances. I'm sort of mixed on the red card - was it warranted? Not sure.

I really hate the send off rule but that's football.

I'd say the team is completely different with Ramos - they look a different side attitude and fitness wise (except for crybaby berbatov whom I am happy to see move on if someone will pay).

We just aren't as good which you would expect given the money disparity.

I think the game would have been much much different if Gareth Bale were fit. Lee is not going to hold down Rooney or Ronaldo. Ronaldo is amazing, though a diving douche.

I think Man U wins at least the double this year. They look stout.

2. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

Yeah we did play well, but our downfall was the clear cut chances that we did not put away. Had we done (aways easy to say in hindsight) then I think we could have turned Man U over. Oh well, not to be today.

In our defense (no pun intended) we did have a crazy makeshift back line again including Huddlestone at the back!

Rumor is we are about to signn Gilberto and Woodgate which would help (if they are not injured).

Don't agree on Berbs.

Still think he is class.

3. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

I think berbatov is class but bad attittude

4. hornfanuk

hornfanuk 100+ Posts

If there's a bad attitude guy we want to move on it's Chimbonda.
    I think you're in a very small minority on Berbatov.

5. HogsSuck

HogsSuck 25+ Posts

6. hornfanuk

hornfanuk 100+ Posts

Fair enough - maybe it's a wider held opinion than I thought. Bet you'd still love to have him at United, though.

7. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

No doubt the guy can have a sulk.

However when he is happy and enjoying his football and not getting frustrated with the players around him, he can do some amazing game changing things.

Pain in the arse? Yep, sometimes.

Still...keep the guy happy and he is a player I always want on the team.

8. HogsSuck

HogsSuck 25+ Posts