Spurs vs Arsenal Video Highlights....

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LondonOllie, Jan 23, 2008.

1. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

2. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

Here come the Spurs fans, who finally picked up a win. Way to go, North London Aggy!

3. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

Yeah right, like you have any clue and enough knowledge about Spurs Arsenal to call me north london aggie!

Who are you anyway?

A wannabe gooner glory hunter fan?

Get back to your hole.

[​IMG]

4. 89Horn

89Horn 25+ Posts

Congrats. It was predictable that a loss would finally come. The spirit just didn't seem to be there with the mix of the kids and the few arsenal starters. And, honestly, this is Tottenham's best chance at silvewear this year. So, it was clear that they wanted it badly. As long as Wenger continues to hold the Carling Cup in low esteem, Arsenal will continue to roll the dice on winning the cup (see Chelsea-Arsenal final last year).

Congrats again. 1999. It was a long time in coming!

Bendtner needs to go ----->

5. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

All kidding aside, that was an inspired 90 minutes. For me it was like watching a car accident, but Spurs deserved it. I'd say I was glad it was Carling, and not a Premier League contest, but that would just be me trying to justify a beatdown.

6. George-Best

George-Best 100+ Posts

What is the inside scoop on the Ade/Bendtner throwdown

7. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

the match looked the suads put on the wong jersys.

So clinical

8. LondonOllie

LondonOllie 250+ Posts

Not sure if it is true (can't be arsed to double check) but my Spurs mate here at work says that the Arse actually had about 8 or 9 first teamers on by the end of the match. They also had Flabagazzzz on early on in the match.

It was not all their reserve players.

I know the goons are still a better team than Spurs right now, but as long as Ramos can continue to move us in the right direction, I will be happy.

9. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Sagna, Gallas, Hleb (all first-XI for Arse) started, along with occasional starters Hoyte, Walcott, and Gilberto Silva, and squad players Walcott, Denilson, Bendtner, Traore, and Diaby. Cesc came in for an injured Denilson and they brought on Eduardo and Adebayor when they were getting their *** beat. Definitely not a first-choice team, but hardly a reserves team.

Spurs looked great. Ramos has clearly been a boon for Jermaine Jenas - I've never seen him play this well. His goal was class. Carling Cup or not, this must be a huge lift for Spurs and their fans, 9 years in the making.

The Adebayor-Bendtner spat was a bit strange. Ade seems like a pretty calm, cool guy, but he's had a few outbursts that smack of childishness and a hothead. Coincidentally, they were both in the Carling Cup.

10. 89Horn

89Horn 25+ Posts

Correct. Hleb, Gallas, Sagna were the first team starters that began the match. Gallas had to play with Djourou and Senderos both out injured. Fab came in for the early injured Denilson. Hoyte and Gilberto rarely play in the league or CL. Starters missing: Toure, Almunia, Clichy, Rosicky, Flamini. Still, no excuses. If Wenger thinks the bench players can play, then they should live up to it.

I think the Bendtner/any other Arsenal player bust up was just around the corner. He's been outspoken about getting his chance (which means ahead of Adebayor, Eduardo, and Van Persie). Also, openly challenging your captain on the pitch at White Hart Lane is not going to come across as endearing. That's going to go over great in the locker room.

Congrats again Spurs. I don't anticipate that Chelsea will take you lightly.