Spurs VS Hornets thoughts

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Booyakasha!, Apr 30, 2008.

1. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

I think what needs to be accounted for as far as energy is the fact the Spurs were mentally and emotionally drained from the 1st round games w/ the Suns. Hopefully, they're fully engaged for Game 4 and the rest of them.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Game 4 can put the pressure squarely on the Hornets, or put the Spurs in a very, very deep hole. That drama is one thing I really love about the NBA playoffs.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Home cookin' tastum good.

4. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

With Duncan healthy again (no more flu!), Spurs take Game 5 and close out at home.

w0rd

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It's hard to say who has the edge at this point.

New Orleans still has home court advantage for a 3-game series. SA has the momentum going their way.

If the Spurs hadn't made any changes but still had won 2 straight to tie the series, I'd just chalk it up to the location changing and expect Hornets to still have the advantage. But the Spurs won games 3 and 4 by doing things differently than in games 1 and/or 2.

-Bruce Bowen started guarding Peja.
    -Manu got more minutes by playing PG when Parker went out, instead of Vaughn.
    -Duncan didn't have a 103º fever.

So if the Spurs keep doing these things, they can probably beat the Hornets on any court. What worries me is David West, though, Oberto guarding him well last night was an aberration and was also only made possible through double teams. Even though it only happened because Chandler got in foul trouble and West moved over to center, I liked having Duncan guard West. This needs to happen more often.

6. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

San Antonio will not lose a game on their home court. So the question is can the Hornets show the same metal? If so, they win the series. If the Hornets can't break the Spurs momentum by winning big in game 5, then it is the Spurs series to lose even if it means going back to NO for game 7.

7. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

8. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

thank you. [​IMG]

9. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

If the Spurs win tonight, which I think they will, they will be NBA champs.

10. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

11. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Game 4 1st half looked pretty good. Starting in the 3rd Q, however, they looked like crap. [​IMG]

12. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

They let them play in game 5 again and best team won. NO wins this series. Could still go 7 though.

13. HornFan16

HornFan16 100+ Posts

14. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Wow it was like dejavu. I swear this happened last week. Spurs folding in the 3rd, making turnovers, and missing shots. Pop jacking with the lineup in the 4th to find some energy, that not working. Pop folding. Spurs actually had a small chance though with about 4 left, down by 10, and I think Tony misses 2 FT's. Oooops.

15. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

16. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

Oh yeah, and f**k crawford for pushing his finger into pop's chest. You just KNOW that if pop had done that, he'd have been ejected.

17. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

Crawford should be shown the exit door after his latest run in with the Spurs. He went over the line again. And this is coming from someone who is in no way a Spurs fan.

The Spurs look like an older team. Timmy D is not what he used to be, and it just looks like the young upstarts are too much for them to handle.

18. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

I don't buy the Crawford cop out. Spurs were ahead at the half. They just sucked it up in the 3rd. Plus Crawford reffed a game in the Spurs-Suns game, which spurs won.

19. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

More physical play inside = letting them play.

Spurs starting to look like the horns...live and die by the 3.

20. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

Hornets will close it out in 6. Crap, now that I just said that, they won't. [​IMG]

21. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Why are the Spurs old when they lose and experienced and savvy when they win?

22. DKR777

DKR777 250+ Posts

23. alxhorns

alxhorns 100+ Posts

the hornets will be coming in with nothing to lose....damn this is making me nervous

24. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

The Spurs are going to win tonight, lead at the half on Monday then get blown out in the third quarter and lose.

25. alxhorns

alxhorns 100+ Posts

26. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

Would someone tell that freak behind the basket to quit hitting that cowbell!! [​IMG]

27. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

this has the making of a great 2nd half coming up. Spurs will not want to go out on home court but NO's is tough in the 2nd half.

28. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Well it could be better if they would let them play and stop reffing this game like a soccer match.

29. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

GINOBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

30. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts