Spurs vs. Lakers

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by LovinTheAtx, May 20, 2008.

1. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

If Barry got fouled, it was on the floor. Better for him that they didn't call it.

2. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

3. ToxicShock

ToxicShock 100+ Posts

Barry (great foul shooter) shoots 2 FT's and sends the game to OT. I think the play was drawn up to draw a foul and put him on the line.

4. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

That was a foul. plain and simple. Barry didnt do much with it though. [​IMG]

5. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

All posts that compare pure numbers of fouls called or FTs shot should be automatically ignored. It's not a meaningful measure of much of anything. It's the same type of logic that Mike Leach uses to say that the refs are biased against UT when Tech has more total penalty yards.

Odom getting called for a block against Duncan was ridiculous, but Manu was called for a similar block against Odom in the first half. Odom goaltended Parker, replay made it clear the ref was right.

Fisher fouled Barry. Kobe didn't get any FTs during the game - mostly because he wasn't ever hacked while shooting - but who here honestly doesn't think that if you replace Barry with Kobe (or LeBron, or Wade) on the last play, the ref blows the whistle?

Unfortunately that controversy is going to obscure another previous mistake - not fixing the clock. LA committed a shot clock violation, which should have stopped the clock instantly. Refs almost alwaysy blow the game to a stop for a shot clock even when it's obvious that one team is getting the rebound, as long as the clock hit 0 even just barely before the rebound occurs. In this case, they just let they clock run an extra second and a half as if there was no shot clock.

7. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Joey Crawford should be checking his bank account in the morning.

8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

9. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Game is over 3-1 Lakers. Good no call. All the calls evened themselves out.

[​IMG]

10. Fat Crazy Hippie

Fat Crazy Hippie 250+ Posts

11. ToxicShock

ToxicShock 100+ Posts

Alright, Texas Golf says game over. Lets all quit discussing this game and move on to something else like nitpicking Abrams decisions or the seattle supersonics. Thats more fun than discussing a controversial no call anyway.

12. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Popovich just defined "class" and agreed with the refs.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

13. fall01nk

fall01nk 250+ Posts

14. PaPa Horn

PaPa Horn 100+ Posts

So was it a good call that evened things out because it was a no-call?

What if somehow J Crawford, in putting his personal grudges aside, and made the right foul call? Do the calls still 'even out?'

15. Utkclack15

Utkclack15 100+ Posts

Spurs did not deserve to get that call with the way they played tonight. Much like the Suns were kicking themselves for missed opportunities in the first round, the Spurs will be doing in the same with two games they should have won.

16. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. [​IMG]

17. PaPa Horn

PaPa Horn 100+ Posts

How does what happened in the first 47:58 of the game has any bearing on the last call? I would understand if it were close - i.e., they have not been calling jumping into the shooter a foul all night, which was NOT the case. But that was an obvious foul, and an obvious f**k-up by J Crawford and the crew.

18. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Tell it to Popovich. He disagrees with you.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

20. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

Pop knows he was fouled, trust me.

21. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

It was clearly a foul. The whole idea that Barry needed to "sell" it more is preposterous. If its a foul, call a foul, the NBA should not be about acting. That being said, the Spurs did not deserve to win that game with the way they got outplayed the entire game.

Oh well, its an even year anyway.

22. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

Pop, Barry, and the Spurs organization = class

23. PaPa Horn

PaPa Horn 100+ Posts

Pop disagrees IN PUBLIC. He is a smart man.

If he states J Crawford screwed up, he gets fined and may get screwed again by the referee fraternity in the future (such as Game 5) in retaliation.

I, OTOH, will probably not get fined by the NBA for my posts on Hornfans. [​IMG]

24. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

Eh. They missed calls here and there but were pretty good overall.

I can understand being upset with that no call. Eh. Barry didn't get the call because he put the ball on the floor. Why? I don't know. He had the look until he pulled the ball down. Seems like a fair no call. To paraphrase the wise UT graduate, Tuca Ramirez Benedicto, etc., etc., etc.,if you're gonna shoot, shoot, don't dribble. The Spurs are in danger of never having a real claim on dynasty. Better saddle up.

25. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

26. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

27. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

******* Phil ******* Jackson of all ******* people ******* complaining about the ******* refs? Are you ******* kidding me?

******* Phil ******* Jackson?

******* Seriously?

What a ******* **********.

[​IMG]

28. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

The Link

clearly this always gets called.

29. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

30. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts