'Stadium' Seats

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by MarylandHorn, Sep 1, 2010.

1. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

I got new season tickets this year in section 115, upper deck north endzone. I tried to order the cushions from Longhorn Seatback and they just called to tell me they can't install those in my section because the have "stadium" seating instead of the benches. What does this mean? Are these seats more comfortable than the aluminum benches I've always sat on? Is the entire new upper deck (endzone and west) like this?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

2. TEXASMADE

TEXASMADE 250+ Posts

if its the first 3 rows then it is chair back seating with cup holders. You dont need the orange seatback in those rows. Anything above is just bleacher seats.

3. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

We have chair backs on the west side, but we always take seat pads into the stadium.

You might want to do the same -- they're more comfortable than sitting on aluminum seats.

4. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

Thanks for the responses. Looking at some uper deck photos, it looks like Row 8 in Section 115 is a set of chairback seats just above the retaining wall along the walkway. Then rows 9-24 are benches. I know in there sections where there's no walkway the benches come down several more rows all the way to 6, but there are higher seatback chairs where there is a walkway. Can anyone verify this for me?

5. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

I'm in 115 row 1 and you are correct. In addition to the "stadium"' seats on rows 1-4, those seats are also in the first row above the walkway. So if you have row 8 and that's what they told you, then you're on that first row above the walkway. These are not metal seats with backs like the west side. They are the same contoured plastic seats with cup-holders that are in the lower north endzone chairback and club seats. The only difference is ours are gray instead of orange.

6. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts