Starting to rain in Austin

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hornmatic, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hornmatic

Hornmatic 100+ Posts

This really sucks. First day of open practices and they’ll probably head to the bubble. Praying for this thing to hold off/blow over. Hasn’t rained in weeks… why now!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'd rather get rain than see a practice. Maybe I'm odd.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I live a mile from campus and it is sunny here. Looking at the radar whatever rain may come will be brief and looks isolated. I would not worry much.

4. Hornmatic

Hornmatic 100+ Posts

We only get two days to see practice, it can rain on the other 363 days. Plus this has been a relatively wet summer in Austin already.

-Thanks Loop. Work in the Domain/Arboretum area and just heard thunder. Now raining….

5. ChemHORN

ChemHORN 100+ Posts

I am on Campus and I can confirm that it is not raining here at the moment.

6. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Heavy raindown town at 3:15 p.m., but we've got a couple hours for this to blow over, which it looks like it might.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I got flat out drenched on my bike ride! Had to just laugh and laugh. Still drying off. Oh well. I still like the rain and hopefully it won't affect practice too much.

8. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

They might move it inside so as not to tear up the field turf before the first game.

9. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

OldHippie

Are you remembering the old days when there was a haze filled Memorial Stadium also filled with many a crazed and dazed ZZ Top fan? Some tried to tear up that artificial turf as well.

I wasn't there. Even back then, the ticket cost was out of my reach.

10. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

Ah yes, the Texas Size Rompin' Stompin' Barn Dance and Bar B.Q. of September '74, ZZ Top, Joe Cocker, Santana and Bad Company were there.

What they failed to tell the people was that THEY were the barbeque. So goddamned hot people were passing out left and right.