Stat rankings YTD

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Honestly, this is pathetic. With the talent on this team how are we this bad yet still competitive in almost every game? Only one stat ranked in the top 100 in D1...blocked shots. Because Bamba is so dominant down low teams have to rely on outside shots to win. That's exactly why we win every other game.

I'm now worried that once Mo goes pro, we'll be right back to last year's type teams. A well coached very talented team does not have stats that looks like this.

In comparison, Kansas is having what they consider a down year and are in the top 60 in every category except two with one being FT%.

Points scored 246th
    Pts Per Game 221st
    FG% 215th
    FT% 313th
    3 PT% 329th
    Rebounds 124th
    Assists 299th
    Turnovers 110th
    Assist/turnover ratio 241st
    Blocked Shots 13th

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

That is very telling information. Pathetic is the right word. And I share your concerns. Smart is a great guy, but I'm not convinced he's a great coach.

• Like Like x 1
  3. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

These stats are absolutely horrific. Really. From a business analytics perspective, I don’t see how upper management (AD) or board level decision makers (Regents) don’t interpolate the high probability of continued low end statistical production correlating to continued mediocrity-marginal success under this coaching regime.

Mo’s 4.4 blocks are arguably what’s kept us from being at or below .500. We have a really talented squad - losing AJ1 was a major blow to production and morale obviously, but good teams play through adversity. We’ve won the challenging games we’ve won purely on heart from some really talented young men, and a lot of luck.

I like the prospect of the Jericho Sims install as our premier big man. Kamaka, Elijah Mitrou-Long and Brock Cunningham are going to deliver some better off the bench scoring talent for us next season. Dylan, Coleman, Roach and Davis coming back will give us a strong nucleus but the coaching has absolutely got to improve.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018