STATS - Horns' Commit Bijan Robinson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BevoJoe, Sep 1, 2019.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Salpointe Catholic HS vs Dobson 8/30/2019

Robinson - 8 carries, 111 yards, ave 13.9 yds/carry and scored 5 TDs in the 63-6 win over Dobson. Looks like he only played 1 full quarter, but that's not confirmed. He's off to a great start this season.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Kinda like LSU vs St Ignatius Home for disabled children Kinder JV*. The stats were padded against inferior competition.

*Apologies to St Ignatius' Kinder JV if I caused any offense by comparing them to those scrubs LSU actually played.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure glad we got him instead of head-case Evans...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Check JoeFan's Twitter links in 2020 Recruiting.

5. BurntOrangeLH

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  6. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Looks like he wasn't trying very hard on some of those highlights. He might be in for a shock when he gets to the college level. He better have his chin strap fastened tight to go with determination if he wants to succeed. I'm sure he was just playing a little better than the level of competition and he knows what's up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BurntOrangeLH

He was at 3/4 speed until he was clear of the defenders then 1/2 speed into the end zone for the first touchdown.

He sprinted and faked an inside cut then cruised past the containment on the second touchdown.

He juked sideways, faked and split through defender's on the third one and dispensed a defender with the angle using a mere swat and Bijan goes into the end zone standing.

He juked, broke tackles and defender's ankles and they left their jockstraps all over the field on the fourth one. When one defender got close one he just turned on the afterburner and banked away from the pursuer's momentum. All the pursuer could grab was an empty field of air.

This is only 4 of his 6 TD in 3 quarters and does not show the called-back kickoff return for a TD.

Yeah, it will be tougher and faster in college, but he has loads of talent in reserve. The coaches told him to arrive ready to play.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, that was kind of a silly take by poms on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

WEEK 2 UPDATE:
    Bijan Robinson rushed for 496 yards and six touchdowns in a win over Cactus High School, playing just three quarters as Salpointe Catholic floated to a 68-34 victory. Both were school records.

10. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

We need this kid and one more stud back in this class so we can move Whittington back to WR and Johnson back to QB. They may both be looking good at RB, but we need depth at QB, and actually we need a stud backing up Sam, because the #2 is one play away from being the starter. We need more than one back up QB.....and no, I don't think Card is the answer. He will make a quality back up. He is a slightly faster Buechelle. We need Johnson at QB along with Jackson from Duncanville. That would give us Sam, Thompson, Johnson, Card, and Jackson if he chose to stay at QB. Also have to think Thompson might transfer after this season. You don't want two newbies as the only back ups to Sam next year.

11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

It wasn't that silly
    Looked like he was holding back a little at the beginning

12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Reminiscent of El Ced

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

BR has really good size, power and speed to break tackles and out run the pursuit. Like any RB coming from HS, he will have an adjustment period due to the opposition also being athletes at the D1 level with much better skills, more strength and experience than is usually found on a HS level football field. He has a great upside to be a clone of Benson with that breakaway speed. He also has good work ethics from what I can tell. He has the hands for the passing game or can serve as blocking back to pick up a blitzing LB or DB. I believe he'll can have a stellar career at Texas and hope he'll stay all four years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BurntOrangeLH

Another USA Today Highschool Sports account, published twice by the same author:

Texas commit Bijan Robinson rushes for 489 yards, 6 touchdowns

MaxPreps said 430 yds. in 3 quarters. Did not include of course the kickoff return called back. Well, it seems like MaxPreps has gone back to 489 yds. Rushi g accredited now. Sheesh.

LSU and others could be in a for a real surprise the next 4 years. Coaches told him to arrive prepared to play.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  15. BurntOrangeLH

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. BurntOrangeLH

Because he was already 10-15 yards downfield past the defense? Would his team score more points if he got to the end zone sooner?

Want to reconsider silly now?

17. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Wow you are way too serious. I hope everything is going ok for you.

18. BurntOrangeLH

Just enjoying Bijan's mastery of the field of his peers. Wish I could have run like him when I was young.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. BurntOrangeLH

Coming to a campus near Austin soon this fall:

The last picture includes his friend who will be visiting with him, Mr. Miller.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  20. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Nice gloves!

21. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Majestic....u have a crystal ball or simply negative?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. BurntOrangeLH

More Bijan highlights from Dobson game:

3:22 Bijan catches a fumbled snap and scores.

4:10 Kickoff return for a TD.

#8 is Ransom.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  23. BurntOrangeLH

1st game of 2019 season Salpointe vs. Desert Edge highlights:

• Like Like x 1
  24. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’m kinda thinking we need to start recruiting an extra RBs on top of what we normally go far per year with each class now that we keep having problems with injuries at that position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Or at least have some multi-purpose athlete(s) with some RB experience (Hullaby), who could transition back to RB if needed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Wondering about the competition some of these recruits face. Some of the teams look pretty s*****. Guess that is one of the things making recrutiing a crapshoot. You don't know just how good a player really is.

27. BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  28. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

The quality of competition has to be weak.

29. BurntOrangeLH

Salpointe is in 4A, so not top bracket like Suhuaro which is in 6A. All 8 best teams go inyo playoffs regardless of classification.

35 yds. Per carry is pretty ridiculous. Nonetheless, he is extraordinarily talented.

30. BurntOrangeLH

Here is a 15 minute field level clip of the Desert Edge game where Bijan goes close to 500 yds. in 3 qtrs. Couple of interesting interactions with #8 Ransom and the 2021 OT #75 Miller whom Texas may be targeting at about 12:00.

Anyway, there are good players on both sides, and some are pretty fast. Still. as Lanthum says at about 8:10 to Bijan, "Why is it so easy?"