Sterns

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by nashhorn, Dec 1, 2018.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Can you tell me about him? At the game so no knowledge of why he went out. He missed coverage on one ply bad but I think his closing speed would have had a chance on that duck Murray threw in the middle.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Broadcast indicated it was a knee issue...mentioned again when there was a shot of him in street clothes while on the sideline.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Man....we can't catch a break when we need one. Hope it's not too serious.

5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’d say that we have been pretty fortunate this year. Yes, we had players out mostly on D, but they all made it back although we struggled in the losses vs OSU and WVU.

On offense, the O-Line has been virtually unscathed. Even with Sam’s shoulder, he didn’t miss a full game, and we won both when he went out. We should be so lucky every year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

That’s why depth is so important.

7. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Funny how people always made comments about how Texas wouldn’t have a chance to win games without Sam. I wonder if Bama fans felt the same way even though they had a seasoned backup. I really hope Shane decides to stick around another year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Good news on Sterns and Hager. Looks like they will be ready for the Sugar Bowl. That's a gruesome picture of cuts on Hager's left hand.
    Texas S Caden Sterns, DE Breckyn Hager rebounding from injuries, should play in Sugar Bowl | Hookem.com