Steven Mnuchin Treasury Secretary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Nov 29, 2016.

1. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. texas_ex2000

From Bloomberg:

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=1492034&privcapId=2522804

Mr. Steven Terner Mnuchin, also known as Steve, is a Co-Founder, Co-Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Dune Capital Management LP. Mr. Mnuchin is the Finance Chairman of Trump campaign. Mr. Mnuchin co-founded OneWest Bank Group LLC in 2004 and served as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. He is a Founder of Dune Real Estate Partners LP. He was an Investment Professional of Soros Fund Management LLC. Prior to joining CIT, he was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of IMB Holdco LLC. Previously, he served as the Chief Executive Officer at SFM Capital Management from 2003 to 2004. While at SFM, he served as an Executive Vice President since February 2001 and Co-Chief Information Officer from February 2001 to December 2001. Mr. Mnuchin served as a Member of the Executive Office at SFM from December 1999 to February 2001. He was responsible for overseeing mortgages, U.S. governments, money markets, and municipals in the fixed income, currency, and commodities division from December 1998 to November 1999. From November 1994 to December 1998, Mr. Mnuchin served as the Head of the Mortgage Securities Department at SFM. Prior to SFM, he served as the Chief Information Officer at The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. since December 2001. He spent 17 years at Goldman Sachs where he was a Partner. He has extensive experience in investing and financing the entertainment business. He has financed major blockbusters such as American Sniper, Gravity, Avatar, and Life of Pi. He has been the Non-Executive Co-Chairman of Relativity Media, LLC since October 2014. He served as the Chairman of CIT Bank, National Association. He served as the Chairman of OneWest Bank N.A. He has been Vice Chairman of ESL Investments, Inc. since 2003 and serves as its Director. He serves as Director of CIT Bank, National Association. He has been an Independent Director of Sears Holdings Corporation since 2005. He serves as a Director on the Yale Development Board. He is a Member of the Board of Museum of Contemporary Art Los Angeles (MOCA), New York Presbyterian Hospital, the Los Angeles Police Foundation, Life Trustee of New York Presbyterian Hospital and UCLA Health System Board. He served as Vice Chairman of CIT Group Inc. from January 2, 2016 to March 31, 2016 and previously served in the same role from August 8, 2015 to December 12, 2015. He has been a Director of CIT Group Inc. since August 2015. He is a Trustee of Sculpture Garden Board. He was a Board Member of Junior Achievement National Board, the Whitney Museum, the Hirshhorn Museum, City Harvest and Riverdale Country School. Mr. Mnuchin has a bachelor's degree from Yale University.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm going to guess that if Mnuchin pumped gas or drove a bus for a living, Linton wouldn't be his wife.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

I'm going to guess that Trump's decision was at least partially influenced by the fact that Mnuchin's wife is very, very hot. That's just how Donald ticks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. texas_ex2000

Hot women like winners I guess! Didn't you read/watch Moneyball?

The guy seems like a more entrepreneurial Jamie Diamond. His finance and global capital markets credentials are pretty impeccable. He became CIO at Goldman, a firms that considers themselves THE tech (meaning proprietary tech) bank on Wall Street - that's pretty darn impressive. And then it seemed like he wanted to do the whole hedge fund and Hollywood thing.

The strange thing about this, is that unlike Rubin, Paulson, Lew or some of the other Wall Street names who have been speculated for the job, he hasn't been a figure to comment of economic policy, financial markets, and monetary policy.

Maybe he's really quietly passionate about serving his country and a closet policy wonk...who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  6. texas_ex2000

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What I think they prefer is a guy with a lot of money so he can buy them a lot of stuff whether he's a winner or not, and I think it's pretty much all women, not just hot women. However, hot women can command a dude with money. Frankly, I don't blame them. My only criticism is when those same women will dismiss a guy who cares about a woman's looks as superficial.

Frankly, I think it's about priorities. There's nothing wrong with preferring guys with money or girls who are hot. There is something wrong with elevating those priorities over character and values. Mrs. Deez is nice looking, but if she had been a bad person, I wouldn't have married her.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not pretty enough for you? Lol.