Stills personifies what it means to be a sooner

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by chango, Oct 8, 2011.

1. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

No class piece of ****. Byndom makes a clean play and reaches his hand out in sportsmanship -- Stills slaps it away.

2. Dovey317

Dovey317 250+ Posts

That's simply called being competitive. That's not sooner...that's players on any team in America.

But OU still sucks.

3. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Oops. Wrong board. Damn iPhone.

4. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

You need to tell thousands of superstar athletes that they aren't competitive then. What a crock of ****.

5. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

I've heard that kind of rationalization before. Like, from just about every dirty player who is called on the carpet. That FLA LB Brandon Spikes, who was caught of TV sticking his fingers through the face mask and into the eyes of that Georgia RB, made the same excuse in an apology interview.

6. BHud

BHud 250+ Posts

That's not competitive. That's trash.

7. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

The sooner wheels don't fall very far from the wagon.

8. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

Wrong.

Byndom was yapping his mouth against Stills the entire game, frustrated because his *** was burned for two TDs. You didn't even need the volume to hear Byndom's incessant **** talk.

He wasn't offering to help Kenny up, he was condescendingly standing over him and taunting him, knowing full well the camera panned over the area.

Stills did the correct thing to brush the childish taunter aside, get up by himself, calmly walk away from a crowd of three UT defenders and back over to his teammates, and prepare for the next play. The scoreboard did all the talking for Stills. And Byndom knew it.

9. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

living in Oklahoma makes you blind?

10. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

actually I think the dirt burglar is correct...

11. Dovey317

Dovey317 250+ Posts

People...give me a break! Take off your burnt orange glasses for a second. If you don't think Byndam was taunting him and not genuinely trying to politely help him up then you are simply clueless. And make sure you post the same stupid remarks on this board when a horn all the sudden becomes as "classless" as Stills. And to make a comparison of someone sticking his finger in a dudes eye is stupid as well. I question whether you have ever played competitive sports if you're getting bent out of shape over this one. Chill out.

12. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good post Dovey. There's all kinds of trash talking and mind games happening on the field, especially rivalry games. I don't know what you're referring to, but whatever Stills did pales in comparision to Miami in the 91 Cotton Bowl.

13. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

"Stills personifies what it means to be a sooner"

He won?

Posts like these are so aggy. If I had to rank my priorities for a football player, it would be winning first and sportsmanship somewhere down the list. You're not going to find top recruits that act like Eagle Scouts.

Now, I don't want my guys getting arrested either, but that's a whole different level of problems.

14. HornDreamer

HornDreamer < 25 Posts

Yep I am agreeing with the Okie. Byndom was taunting him and then saw the ref standing there and didnt want to get flagged for taunting. So he quickly made a lame attempt to help him up. Honestly, Stills was fine the way he handled it and although the taunting is not smart, I do like a little attitude from our guys. So I call it good all around. But Byndom was taunting not really trying to help him up.