Stillwater Super Regional

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, May 25, 2021.

1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

This isn't the best a Texas team has ever looked. Texas has feasted on the average and done poorly against the quality teams. It's not complicated, they don't have great players on the team as a whole. Which is why when they face quality teams/pitchers they don't do well. Tomorrow will be the last game of the season.

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Like most, I was surprised O'Leary didn't get the start in Game 1 on Friday. Then, it kind of struck me that instead of starting our #1 pitcher against their #1 pitcher (Conference POY), Coach White deciding to go #2 vs their #1 on Friday, and #1 vs their #2 on Saturday was a very calculated move.

Not much to strategize, IMO, in a winner-take-all Game 3 on Sunday. Gotta start O'Leary as she has been very good her last several outings other than giving up a few longballs.

Hoping our team plays loose tomorrow, and OSU plays tight. All the pressure is on the Cowgirls, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good! Do it again!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Nice game, ladies! Here's hoping for another outstanding effort - and a W - tomorrow. :hookem:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Still in it! After that mess on Friday I wasn't confident yesterday.

My daughter and I went to the garage to hit some balls in the 5th inning because we were frustrated about them not scoring. She needed to take it out on a couple of buckets....then we won.

Lets go ladies and get it done!!! Hook 'Em!! :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yikes! 0-0 halfway done.

9. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

O'leary and defense looks great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

BB and HBP...not ideal to start the 5th...

11. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

As bad as those were its always comes back to our lack of situational hitting. Its not over but there are no scoreless wins...someone always eventually scores

12. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Agree. We've had runners on but haven't delivered. Too many ground outs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I wanted so badly to be the team leading going into the 7th...sigh

14. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

3 outs left...:bevo:

15. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Good season...

• Like Like x 3
  16. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Get 'em next year, ladies :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

That was a tight series. Good job ladies!!!

:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Could not be more proud of this team. Over came alot to be one game from WCWS. Gotta get this Super Regional in Austin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Well, about what I expected. Really, maybe better than I expected. The only thing that bothers me is the "bye-bye" wave we did during the game. I mean, Mary's done it in the past, but Shea doing it after getting the third out? I don't want us stooping to their level of sportsmanship.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Despite the back to back HBP's you can't blame this game on Oleary. Even with those she was pretty damn good, but you can't win if you don't score.

And you aren't going anywhere when only 1 player upped their average in the postseason. (Janae) As Espn was showing, most of them were sub .200 and sub .100, while they were also showing most of the okie players had upped their average in the postseason. That's really what it came down too.

But, like racer said, about what I expected, maybe better, once I knew Miranda wasn't playing. Oleary should be better next year and there's talent coming in. Maybe next year they make it to OKC.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Tks for the season ladies. CoachWhite had a sharp infield when we got to regionals. We have a good 3B to go with Parker.

We had good contact but they went right at ‘em. We actually had better contact than the Cowgirls.

Glad I did not see the “goodby” episode.
    I mute the espn announcers, I cannot take their ceaseless chirping about nothing. You

Now we need another big time pitcher transfer to go with O’Leary next year and a couple of big bloopers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Totally agree Malcom! Considering our pitching staff I feel we over achieved by winning 43 games. Eberle for Okie lite is just an amazing pitcher in spotting the ball where she wants it! She wasn’t pitcher of the year in the Big 12 for nothing! I wish them the best in the WCWS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Proud of the team. Wish we had a little more grit. The goodbye waving is fake grit and not a fan.

The recruits we have coming in are going to take a couple starting spots. Lets make it to the WCWS next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Definitely need about two experienced pitchers in the off-season and there shouldn't be any problems getting them since this new transfer rule makes everyone immediately eligible for first time transfers.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Other than basketball, all women's sports have allowed for immediate eligibility for first time-transfers prior to the new rule (since the creation of the transfer portal back in 2018). But, this new rule also makes it easier for intra-conference transfers to be eligible immediately, I believe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 31, 2021