Stories from visiting parks

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Uncle Rico, Dec 20, 2007.

1. nwhornfan

nwhornfan 100+ Posts

Got to see the last games played at Clark Field with my dad and brother (double header against A&M). After the final game fans were invited onto the field to take a piece of billy goat hill. Still have my piece of limestone painted kelly green. [​IMG]

2. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

The Link
    Not a particularly exciting game, but my dad and I walked up to the box office at Wrigley and got tickets in the 19th row on the third base line for all of $15 each. The most exciting part of the game happened when a woman tried to catch a foul ball. The missed and she ended up with a compiound fracture of her finger. Surprisingly, she wasn't phased. I imagine she was pretty drunk. The Indian guys that ended up with the ball wouldn't give it to her as she was being taken out to go to the hospital. They were harassed unmercifully for the next inning before they left themselves.

3. ludoscok

ludoscok < 25 Posts

I am a Rangers season ticketholder and im assuming based on the topic thread, all Rangers games in Arlington are out...ive got some good ones from there...but anyway, others...

Ive been to all of the following baseball stadiums:
    Wrigley - Saw the first ever day - night doubleheader against the Milwaukee Brewers...Cant remember who won but i did manage to get Joe Carter's autograph.

US Cellular - White Sox - A's game...at one point in the 7th inning the white sox manager comes out to make a pitching change. The Sox left fielder sprints for the bullpen (mother nature was calling)...well the pitcher had completed his warmups and the left fielder was not back yet...everyone stands there waiting and when he finally did come back, he got a standing ovation...

Old Busch - still need to see the new one at some point

Kaufmann - nice stadium...ushers didnt care where you sat so we moved right behind the royals dugout...only about 4000 fans there that night

Astrodome - saw one of last games in the astrodome...against the cubs...sammy missed number 60 by about a foot

Minute Maid Park- First time was against the cubs a couple years ago...

2nd time was against the Rangers last year...4 of us decked in Rangers gear made a lot of Astros fans mad...especially since the Rangers won...the "Lets Go Rangers" chant in the 8th inning probably didnt help either...

Spring Training in Florida...
    saw games in Port Charlotte (Before Texas left), St. Petersburg, Tampa, Sarasota, Ft. Meyers, and Bradenton...got most of the Rangers 25 man roster's autographs and the entire coaching staff...

thats all ive got from "Road" games...

4. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts