Strong and Florida

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Seattle4UT, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

I have a great job here

Let's hope Florida doesn't try to talk Coach Strong into leading their program. Or if they do try to, hope Coach Strong says no.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

why would he leave?

also i think florida is going to go after someone offensively minded. my money is on gundy finally leaving

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Pretty sure Florida wants to score points in the 3rd quarter

4. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^^ I think Taps is down to just one talking point now [​IMG]

5. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

7. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

They did not hire Strong back in 2011 and it is my understanding he is pissed about it. UT gave him his shot at a big time school and I believe he will reward UT with loyalty. I would be surprised to see Coach Strong choose to leave UT, unless he does well enough to get a shot at the NFL.

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Foley is already fired. His only hope is for a homerun hire. I'm not sure he knows what a baseball bat is to hit a single much less a homerun.

You know that Todd Graham applied earlier this year and every time that the Gators underperformed.

Fans are screaming for Chip Kelly - is he still under show cause? Hasn't UF had enough of the NCAA crawling up their ***?

RIchRod - possibility, but can they do better?

Bob Stoops - They want an offensive minded coach, but he's a great fit. Things aren't good in Norman.

A few mention Chad Morris - really? the guy has not HC experience, and ain't settin' the world on fire with the Sons of Klem.

Dan Mullen - he and Foley won't be in the same zipcode, although he would love to have the job. Maybe they fire Foley to get Mullen. He's had one good season, but credit him with doing it in one of the worst places to recruit.

Malzahn - good fit, but not sure his wife would like it.

Charlie Strong - the best of the lot as for a fit in Gainesville and exactly what that program needs. The two programs that want him the most are Florida & South Carolina. If contacted and offered, he'd be foolish to decline.

Again, Foley has to have an experienced HC with a great record. An unpopular choice and he's behind Will in the unemployment line.

11. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

It's been well known that Florida is Coach Strong's ultimate coaching destination. If the Horns win the bowl game, Strong is good as gone. [​IMG]

12. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I can't imagine Strong going to Florida after one season at Texas.

What are they going to offer him that Texas can't?

Ten million bucks and Tebow as his manservant?

13. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

I'm really sorry to learn that Charlie is leaving for Florida or SC. But if you guys say so it must be true.

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Gundy would actually make some sense, but this year his stock is probably down a bit.

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

16. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think Strong would be a great hire for Florida, but I think he likes it where he is better. Same with Stoops.

17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The Link

These are the same people that correctly had Strong as the favorite to come to Texas. Not seeing him on this list.

18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

TT -- If it's third quarter points Florida wants, the Man is Gary Pinkel. His team just scored 28 points on an SEC defense Saturday.

19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

He's married to that talking point, but yea, it indeed has merit.

20. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Huh no briles on that list. Stoops would probably find a change refreshing for him. Not sure why Gundy is the favorite by that source.

21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Well, money talks. So we'll see.

22. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

23. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

24. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

I wouldn't want Gundy after this season. I know defensive minded scares UF, but Gary Patterson has to be near the top of the list.

25. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Always fun to speculate whether Spurrier would want to go back and whether the fan base would want him back. He is on that list shared earlier. He seems kinda stuck in the mud there at South Carolina!

26. 84 Horn

84 Horn 500+ Posts

If Strong leaves would Briles agree to an interview in Pflugerville. [​IMG]

27. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

"They did not hire Strong back in 2011 and it is my understanding he is pissed about it. UT gave him his shot at a big time school and I believe he will reward UT with loyalty. I would be surprised to see Coach Strong choose to leave UT, unless he does well enough to get a shot at the NFL"

^^^^ THIS

28. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Interesting read from OnlyGators fans.

Who's next?

Regarding Charlie Strong:

29. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Unbelievable. There are so many of you who think that there is even snowball's chance in hell that Charlie leaves Texas for Florida?

Get that thought out of your mind. No major sports coach leaves Texas, unless it is through a retirement or a firing. Has not happened, and will NOT happen. Case closed. Stop this discussion, please [​IMG]

30. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

You may want to turn up your sarcasm meter, most of those posts were sarcastic!!!