'Stros this week

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Victorious1, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Just what the doctor ordered:
    3 games w/Pirates
    4 games w/Nat's

If they are not above .500 by the break they might as well shut it down.

The next month will be tough:
    4 @ LA Dodgers
    3 St Louis
    3 NY Mets
    4 @ CHI
    3 @ St Louis

2. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

Let's hope that they don't repeat the first two games in San Francisco. [​IMG]

3. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Amen, SA.

4. I feel they will keep it up. They've been playing good ball recently. You guys are right, the month immediately after the break will be tough.

5. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Hampton pitches 7 innings of 3 hit ball and 'Stros win 4-1. Houston is within one game of .500 and 3.5 out of 1st. Moehler is scheduled to go tomorrow.

6. trueut2003

trueut2003 250+ Posts

7. Wandy with the CG. That man is the FUTURE of Astros pitching. 9 wins now for him.

8. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

That was a gem by Wandy.

We'll see if Ortiz can get us to .500 tomorrow.

9. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

I forgot about playing the completion of the suspended game from earlier in the season tonight...could get 2 W's today (or 2 L's).

10. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

.500 is about the limit for this team. Not enough pitching.

11. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

Pitching will not be the problem, staying healthy and our massive lack of production at 2B and 3B and managerial sucking will be the problem. Oswalt is a solid #1 (he's a top 5 pitcher in baseball when he is on as he has been lately), Wandy is now a solid #2 (he's been unbelievably good in 3/4s of his starts) and the rest are at least average at the 3, 4 and 5 spots. Our bully should be great when everyone is healthy.

12. HTownSmitty

HTownSmitty 25+ Posts

13. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Nats score on an error to win the suspended game. Just like that Houston's back to 2 games below .500.

14. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

... and currently losing the 2nd game 4-2.

15. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

yeah, nice toss there miggy on the double play that wins iit for the ****** nats. airmailed it into the dugout and the runner wasnt even halfway down the line. [​IMG]

16. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Blum's two out, walk off single brings them up to .500. Hampton goes tomorrow.

17. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

stros are rollin now.

18. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

The team with the worse record in mlb is administering a major beatdown in H-town.

I know there is still half a season left and they're only 3.5 games out of first but I think we stick a fork in these clowns, they're done.

19. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Well the Astros have the only NL Central crown other than the Cards / Cubs in the last 9 years, so they have that going for them. Which is nice.

20. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

21. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

And maybe not. Stros have made some great second half runs in the past - could do it again if the bats come around.

22. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

44-44 at the All-Star break and 3 1/2 games out of first.

I'll take it.

If you told me on May 27th this is where they would be at the All-Star break, i would have been estatic.

23. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Wandy with another shutout to start the second half of the season to go over .500. Oswalt goes tonight.

I'm still expecting a beatdown over the next month. I hope they prove me wrong.

24. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

A dominant complete game shutout by Roy tonight for an 8-1 win. 2nd place now.

Kind of a waste of a masterful performance (another) by Oswalt. Save the 8 runs of support for someone else. I am surprised we killed Billingsley like that. Impressive 2 out rally in the first.

Big series against Cards coming up with Wandy and Oswalt lined up.

25. Might I remind you of this...12 games against the Cards in this second half of the season.

Go Stros Go

26. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

who would of thought magic wandy and roy would make a solid 1-2. problem is cardinals keep winning.

28. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

I would like to see Pence pull out of his "sort of" slump.

29. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

I'm completely satisfied with a split on the road with LA.

Now is Houston's chance to make a move on the central standings head to head with the Cards:

Mon: Lohse vs Moehler
    Tues: Wellemeyer vs Rodriguez
    Wed: Carpenter vs Oswalt

30. And a good start to the proceedings: Good Guys 3, Cards 2, only THREE back.

GO STROS GO