Stuck in Mediocrity

Discussion in 'Softball' started by racerx5908, Apr 27, 2017.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

After the recent loss of 2 out of 3 to Iowa State, I realized that we had now sunk to the 4th best team out of 7 teams that offer softball in the Big 12. It's stunning that OSU is doing better than UT. Then, I was going to write Plonsky a note. Then, I realized it was pointless. Plonsky is never going to fire Connie. She's fired 2 women swimming coaches (and track wasn't her call) and I don't see her firing Connie. I decided to go look at the data for the other teams ahead of us. Okie-State is missing some data as well as UT and Baylor. And for OU, I had to count the games and then go back and count the losses to figure out the winning percentages.

Bottom line is that Connie has done well because we had Cat and Blaire. When we had Cat, we had a lousy offense. When we had Blaire, we had a slightly improved offense, but she wasn't as dominant as Cat and needed the offense. It's telling that we have 5 pitchers on our roster. Connie was hoping that these latest pitchers might be "the one", like Blaire being a surprise star for us.

It's the less-than-agressive recruiting and the poor coaching of what we got that has us now falling behind OU and Baylor (I think Okie-State is a one year outlier).

What say you? And leave out the nasty sexual innuendo. That's childish and will get deleted by the admin anyway.

(left is winning percentage)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

We are already having our say in the "Time for a Change" thread. Nice analysis but this data should have been posted there IMO.