Sugar Bowl line Texas + 11.5 Pts

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by EDT, Dec 2, 2018.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

The O/U is 57. I really like that Sam has time to heal up and others too.:trophy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

The higher the better.

3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I hope ALL our players want to play this game. I don't know much about Georgia other than they appear to be a great team but at least they don't have Kyler. Kyler gets some props for his speed. It was a superior advantage.

4. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The major problematic matchup for us is our d-line versus their o-line. Orlando needs to focus heavily on a way to overcome this mismatch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Kyler and the officials make an unbeatable combination, or at least they did yesterday.

• Like Like x 2
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

HT, I’m not sure that GA’s O-Line is much better than OU’s, if at all.

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

It will be a hell of a challenge but it is not a mountain that we cannot climb IF everyone plays. What a tribute to Herman's and the teams achievment in his second year!

Hookem :hookem: :bevo: :hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

“Maybe we’ll beat them by three touchdowns” — James Brown

• Like Like x 4
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

We did not exactly light up OU’s offensive line. Murray had plenty of time to throw. Hager with 1 tackle was a non factor. I am wary of Georgia being able to pound us with their running backs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

No, you are just wary. Later, you will be weary.

• Like Like x 3
  11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  12. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Reading the above all I could hear was Crash Davis telling Nuke Lalouche "Women dont get wooly they get weary."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. NM fan

NM fan 25+ Posts

The time to throw was by design. You can tell they were keeping everything in front. They changed in the start of the first half, which I believe was better strategy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Don't like this matchup at all. I see a boat race in our future.

Of course I thought we would beat 0u (still think we shoulda, refs took that chance away) so I hope I'm wrong twice in a row.

15. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

For what it's worth Brett McMurphy is reporting Georgia DC Mel Tucker is taking the Colorado job. Another source says Greg Robinson not going to be DC for Mack. Not sure about the latter.

16. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

OU has a tremendous OL. I don't think Georgia's is any better or even quite as good, but it's still a favorable matchup for the Dawgs. 5 300-320 pounder who are strong and can move in space are going to have some wins against three smaller men. We've gotta get creative with the rush and keep the linebackers free to stop the rush.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Take the Horns and the points. The SEC runner up has a history of not caring about their bowl game. Anyone remember Utah?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I hope Georgia runs a lot of fake punts. Oh, and I hope a lot of punts are necessary—I guess I should say that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

This is probably a game where the Malcolm Roaches and Jeff McCullochs and Gary Johnsons of the world are pretty key.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

then there is this...........4 loss LSU beat them...........they (LSU) gashed the Dawgs for275 yards rushing and LSU's OL isnt any better than ours, they can be beat.

• Like Like x 2
  21. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

All I know is that the offense has regressed significantly since the Tech game. 24, 24 and 27 point efforts, two of those against some REALLY poor defenses. That will not get it done against Georgia. They gave away the game to Bama, but they are a damn good football team.

Sam's injury is definitely affecting him and, by association, the entire offense. I think o-line play has regressed as well. They don't seem as assignment sound and physical as they were looking in the middle of the season, especially in the running game.

Our offense needs to find some magic during this down time. If we are one-dimensional then this is going to be an ***-whipping in Louisiana.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Full conference machups

[​IMG]

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have seen 14-point opening line too

Historically, Tom Herman has been a double-digit underdog four times as a head coach.
    He is 3-1 in those games
    The one loss occurred on a fluke fumble inside the 5 in double OT.

24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

TCU - Loss
    Baylor - Toss-Up
    WVa - Win
    Iowa State - Loss (and probably very ugly)
    ou - Loss (and could be ugly)
    OSU - Toss-Up (Win if the OSU that beat Texas shos up)
    Texas - Win

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Outright or against the spread?

26. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Outright (but I should have qualified assuming a healthy Sam - which he hasn't been since the original injury to the shoulder). Georgia's offense isn't as good as ou's and Fromm would be the 5th or 6th best QB in the Big XII. The Georgia secondary could not cover the 2 or 3 Alabama receivers (none of which could start for Texas or ou).

• Like Like x 1
  27. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

I like the match up. We can focus on a few things rather than the whole field like in the big 12. If we can match their physicality we can win. We'll have to be able to run the ball so they don't blitz the whole time. I think the big 12 could potentially win all their bowl games.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Fortune favors the bold

29. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Can't say I'm as sanguine about this as you are, but I'm open to being positive.

30. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

true ... but the Big XII flashy offense of runners right blockers left reduces the effectiveness of a great O Line. Watching the Bama Ga game ... Ga still plays tackle football, not flag football. IOW ... they USE their OLine for something besides the bellyrub dance.

We're gonna need 4 down linemen on defense. Period. Gonna have to rotate 'em, too, cause they're gonna be tested mightily. we MAY have to transition to the old ... dare I say it ... 4-3 ???? Wheeler and Johnson gonna need their A Game too ...

AND at SOME POINT ... we're gonna have to demonstrate we can "set an edge" with our DE .... or we will not be victorious.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1