Suicide...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Casualist, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Casualist

Casualist < 25 Posts

My friend, close close friend Randi commited suicide about a month ago. It is still unknown whether it is a suicide or a homicide but evidence of a gnoose being found proves it was suicide.

~I talked to her about a half hour before it happened so I hold extreme guilt on my part knowing I probably could have done something to prevent this and just thinking I could have saved a life. She always helped people, and always helped me through my troubles...

R.I.P. Randi Koetz

Please, pray for her family, her boyfriend, her brother and especially her friends that they have the strengh to stand strong through this tragedy.

I live in San Diego and a substantial part of her neighborhood has no faith whatsoever in God. Quite pathetic that not a single person from her neighborhood attended her memorial service.[​IMG]

Such sadness for people to take their own life... God bless everyone and be safe.

2. bevosayshi

bevosayshi 250+ Posts

Prayers.

[​IMG]

3. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

prayers

4. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

5. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Prayers.

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

7. Ring1

Ring1 25+ Posts

Suicide is tough to explain and deal with. You are in my prayers.

8. hook_em_jesus

hook_em_jesus 25+ Posts

GOD WILL GIVE YOU STRENGTH! [​IMG] PRAYERS [​IMG]

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really feel your pain, I think about suicide every day and now i can actually be on the very verge of pulling the trigger or downing a bottle of sleeping pills without crying. I'll pray for you and your friend but believe me I truely understand what it feels like. One of my friends father commited suicide and It was extremely hard for his family. Believe me i know what u feel right now because i'm probably going to kill myself in a few weeks if not days. i've been having these feelings for over 5 years now but have not spoken to anyone about them. Maybe when i answer to God himself he can judge me with moral pity on my part for losing so many who were so close to me. I'll be sure to include your prayers in with all of my others when I am at one of those points again...just in case thats the time for me to go

10. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Please don't go through with it. Talk to someone. Talk to a friend. Talk to me, I don't mind. There's always hope. Have faith in God. Live for Him and He'll show you the way.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares about me i might as well ******* drink this whole bottle of jack right now and i fuking weight 110 pounds. wtf do u have to say to me that would possible destroy my depression?

12. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

I'm not sure what I would say, but I am still available if you ever need to talk.

Take care.

13. harper87

harper87 < 25 Posts

suicide just avoids having to feel
    not the answer you are looking for
    surround yourself with prayer

14. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Suicide is a permenate solution to a temporary problem.

Be strong seek help and prayers can help.
    everyone gets depressed now and then some more then others but there is always help out there.

15. hook_em_jesus

hook_em_jesus 25+ Posts

16. pseudonym reqd

pseudonym reqd First Time Poster

I too have battled loneliness and depression every day for many years. Those who know me think I have everything going for me. The only reason I am here is because I don't want to hurt those who love me. I'm very tired.

17. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Pseudonym-

You are not alone. There's no shame in depression or in asking someone for help with it.

Talk to your family, your doctor, anybody. Pick up the phone and call (512) 472-HELP if you want to stay anonymous.

18. hook'em_horns

hook'em_horns 100+ Posts

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of you respond to those that are in pain with a "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"....like you know what it feels like.

Ongoing pain for years...yes...years..is what drives us to self destruction. It's not physical pain, it's emotional pain. I've tried everything I know to make it go away and it won't. I am a Christian. I know that God will accept me into the kingdom...he knows what I suffer and some of you, in your self-righteous manner refuse to believe that anyone can feel so bad that suicide is the only way out......... walk a mile in my shoes

When Job was in pain and suffering, his friends gathered around him and chastised him for his sins that brought his suffering...God smote them for their judgement.

Judge not what you can not understand. You offer words of comfort that are empty. Only prayer for those afflicted can truly help them.

I hate this world and everything about it. I want to leave it. Our Father tells us that to love this life is to lose it. So you tell me....who is right and who is wrong. And I will tell you...I don't care for your opinions. I only care how my Father in heaven feels about me. He loves me no matter what I do.

And you, in your self-righteouness, are not helping.

Some of you think that "talking" will help. Perhaps a good round of therapy.......

Nothing helps. You have no idea what it feels like. So, until you walk a mile in my shoes and feel what I feel - keep your opinons to yourself. You help no one.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a son of a parent who killed themself, you should know this. What you are considering doing is alot more complicated than you think. Yeah your pain might be gone when you dont wake up, but if you have a family, they're going to feel the pain you've been feeling x10 for the rest of their lives.

You're posting on a UT message board so I assume you're a football fan. Of all the days to end your life, you choose 3 days after watching us win the NC to do it?

Obviously nobody knows enough about you to walk in your shoes. I guarantee you that there are people out there with more problems than you.

There is a reason for you to make it through these tough times. It might be tough for you to see it right now, but there is a reason. If God thought you had accomplished everything he intended for you to accomplish here, he would have taken you already.

Good luck to you with whatever choice you make.

21. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have talked to family, friends, clergy and various therapists during my life. Starting at age 10 all the way through today (I'm in my late 30's), I feel lonely, miserable, and unimaginable emotional pain most (not all) of the time. I can hardly remember a week that has gone by without thinking of ending my life. Usually, it is daily, multiple times, sometimes for minutes, sometimes hours.

I have listened to much advice, read books, etc... and have held on lo these many years. It is unexplainable how lonely I am. Most peopel would trade places with me in a minute based on what they see on the outside. I wake up every day hating myself and never really connect with others. I always feel like an outsider. Right this very minute I feel ok. I may make it another week, month, year, decade. But what worries me is the profound change that has happened even over the last few years. I really don't care about anything except a few close family members. If they were ever gone, I would be gone the next ro same day. I pray that they are safe and healthy b/c and at the same time am angry that I can't just end my pain.

As far as the remaining loved ones feeling 10 X teh pain, on what basis do you make that claim? Unless you have spent 25 years waking up every day wishing you were dead, crying for no reason on a regular basis, desperately wanting things to be different, tying everything to make things different, but still never escaping the pain, how can you compare. I will say this. Even if the pain my famility would feel is 1/10 th of my pain, that has been enough to keep me from leaving. I wouldn't wish on anyone for a day or a week what i feel most days.

Oh and by the way, anti-depressants helped some but I felt like I was in a bubble/high all the time. It was scary feeling good all the time. Not feeling ok but really good, like I just smoked a joint. I don't want to be drugged out of my mind all the time.

Staying for now. No promises for tomorrow.

22. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one can sway your decisions. How you feel can only be changed by you. We arn't here to try and change your mind we are here to offer support and to give you reasons to want to stay. I dont have the faintest idea how you feel, but when i was younger there were days where id hold knives to myself and do things that youd see in movies. I can't relate to you because what i was going through was temporary. My end came, i pray that yours will too, dont give up on your search for happiness. I will pray for you.

23. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"As far as the remaining loved ones feeling 10 X teh pain, on what basis do you make that claim?"

The 10x was just an arbitrary number. Be it 10x, one tenth, the point is each of your family members lives would be dramatically different for the worse. From a family member's perspective, the worst part about it is the unknown--meaning could something different have been done to prevent it.

You feel pain every day which freakin sucks. It sounds like you've tried alot of things to make it go away. I tend to agree with you about going through life high all of the time. Seems like you'd feel like a robot or something.

If people envy you about the way you are on "the outside", you're obviously doing something right. The problem is you just can't see it. Maybe your expectations are too high, or maybe you're spending too much time worrying about not feeling good.

A psychiatrist would prob. ask you what used to make you happy. But after not feeling good for 30 years, I dont know that you could even think of anything. I know that if you've made it 30 years feeling like this without giving up, then you're tough. Alot of people give up under less trying circumstances.

I cant tell you how to be happy, or even if you'll ever be happy again. But I can tell you 2 things. 1)Suicide has a negative affect on family members, and 2) You have options to fix your situation. Alot of people in this world dont have options, whether its terminal cancer, being on a crashing plane, etc. Good luck

24. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

damn... i never come to this board. this is crazy ****.

if you commit suicide i don't think God will be too stoked about it.

i never quite understood suicide, i mean why don't you just go travel the world or something and lead a crazy life? i think it'd be a lot more fun than killing yourself.

if you kill yourself you will f**k a lot of people up.

25. Titan

Titan 100+ Posts

Whoever you are, whatever your reason for wanting to commit suicide, if you truly have a love for God and know that He loves you, please don't go through with it. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God loves you very much and wants you to be happy during your time here on earth...He knows that we face daily struggles that lead to sins of the greatest kind...but we have God to lean on during these difficult times. Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength."

I have recently been going through a difficult period in my marriage, and actually contemplated suicide...but I've been fortunate enough to have wonderful friends and family members around me that have not judged me...they want me to get better. Talking about it has helped me. I don't know what will work for you...but I do know that God will always be there.

Don't let Satan's power overcome you...look at all the struggles that Paul went through...when we are at our weakest we are the strongest, because that's when God knows we need Him most. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

May God bless you all who are dealing with suicide in some form or fashion right now...I pray that you will find the healing you need in His love for you.

26. Snoop_Dogg

Snoop_Dogg 100+ Posts

I know it may be too little to late, please dont [​IMG]

27. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

LAktownhorn,

I've always wondered that, too. I think that would be the right time to try skydiving or bungee-jumping or hiking the world or running with the bulls. I was in the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport Thursday night and at around 9:30pm, while waiting to board my 3-hour late flight to Houston, I overheard this guy in his mid-30's on his cell phone talking to someone and all I heard was him saying, "What do you mean she's not breathing? Hold on. Now calm down. Are you SURE she's not breathing? Okay, read me what the bottle says." It creeped me out because this guy sat behind me on the flight and under his breath the whole flight kept saying "Pleasepleasepleaseplease." When we landed in Houston, he was at the urinal next to me and was trying desperately to call someone but they weren't answering. I just kept thinking about what an excruciating flight that had to have been for that guy.

28. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

My wife lost her mother to suicide. She was the one who came home and found her.
    It took years for the hurt to heal.
    It's a terrible tragedy when a person thinks that this is the only alternative.
    I'm going to turn this damn PC off and go enjoy this beautiful day.
    Peace, my friends.

29. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, some of these messages fit the description of our recently departed Loree. So sad.

30. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow..I had never seen this thread here. with the news in the forum tonight and reading this - such pain and sadness. I will say a prayer for anyone in pain tonight