Sunday - 14 Mar 2010 - Game #4 vs Iowa

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by orangeblack&gold, Mar 14, 2010.

1. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Gave my tix to a friend so I'll be updating the thread occasionally from the radio or the web feed for those without connectivity.

If I am remembering correctly, Iowa has scored in all three games in the 1st inning and has not scored in any of the 22 subsequent innings. We do that again today and we should be able to bring out the brooms.

2. orangeblack&gold

3. orangeblack&gold

Well, we finally got out of the top of the 1st inning without them taking a lead...

4. orangeblack&gold

BIG STICK Etier gets only his 2nd hit of the entire series. As usual, against Iowa, it's a HOME RUN.

5. orangeblack&gold

Sounds like Rupp hasn't had a single hit all series. He'll break out of it today.

6. orangeblack&gold

Not yet. On to 2nd Inning -- Good Guys 1 - Iowa Zippo.

7. orangeblack&gold

They've got a runner at 2nd with 2 outs in T2.

Anybody reading these?

8. orangeblack&gold

"Rounding 3rd is Loy and he will score" on a hit by Cohl Walla. 2 - 0 us in B2.

9. orangeblack&gold

T3

Lead off single and a bunt over so 1 out runner at 2nd. Shot to Loy that he thought about gunning runner to 3rd and decided to take 'em to 1st.

10. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

YES!!! I'm reading. It's my only link to scores. THX SO MUCH!

11. orangeblack&gold

B3

Runners on the corner with no outs. Nice try by Iowa OF on Etier's first hit in the series that was NOT a HR.

12. orangeblack&gold

Bad pitch scores Shep from 3rd and Jordan who was off and running lands at 3rd.

13. orangeblack&gold

Bases loaded with 2 outs for Iowa. Skipper coming out to check with Hoby.

14. orangeblack&gold

BOOM!

K to get out of the inning. On to B3.

15. orangeblack&gold

Didn't see you there Rexy.

5-0 lead for your Horns in T5. Got a couple base runners and Hoby can't get the W as Skipper is pulling him.

Andrew K. is coming in to shore it up a bit.

BTW, Kentucky got a fortunate bounce on an intentional miss and a putback with NO TIME on the clock to force OT against Miss State.

16. orangeblack&gold

Called the wrong name. Appears it's Poindexter instead to hold 'em.

17. orangeblack&gold

Poindexter got us out of it and we're to T5 with 1 out and Camo trying to get his first dang hit of the 4-game series. Line shot knocked down... two outs.

18. orangeblack&gold

Cohl Walla gets another RBI to make it 6-0 through 5 as Rowe closes out the inning with a long shot caught at the warning track.

19. orangeblack&gold

3 consecutive Ks for Stayton since entering the game as he starts T6 with another K.

20. orangeblack&gold

Tim Henderson told Coach not to come any closer and now they are having a chat about the balls and strikes, the weather, how hot our babes are here in Austin, Texas. Appears that he will be able to catch an early shower and wait on the bus for his boys.

21. orangeblack&gold

FINALLY! Someone getting some reps other than Poindexter, Andrew K., and Bulldog. Stafford is in the game for 1st appearance of the seson. 'Bout time.

22. orangeblack&gold

HA!

Well, Rupp almost got his hit! It was just inside the foul line and the OF droped it out of his glove into foul territory. B Loy for an RBI single to make it 8-0 for the Burnt Orange Bunch. Loy is having a nice series now that he doesn't have the 2-spot target on his back.

BTW, Stafford has done well in his first start so far.

23. orangeblack&gold

"Hit a TON! ..... and you can say goodnight to this one!"

Little Lusson with his 2nd bomb of the series to make it 10-0.

24. orangeblack&gold

My fingers are getting tired, Rexy. [​IMG]

11-0 as Conner, who had sneakily bunted up 3rd Base line with 3 playing too deep comes around to score on a liner to the wall by Walsh. BTW, 3rd was called for an E even though it as questionable that he'd have had a shot at Rowe.

25. orangeblack&gold

Dad gum, Texas! Slow down.

12-0 with another line shot and a pitching change for black & gold.

26. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like we are finally having a little success at the plate. [​IMG]

27. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I wish they'd held some of those runs in abeyance for the Tuesday trip to Reckling ...

28. orangeblack&gold

"Two touchdowns and two extra points" as these guys are just being poor hosts. Kevin launched a line drve 2-run homer to make it 14-0 and we are FINALLY out of the inning as I assume that poor Camo was the last out.

Carillo in for his first work of the season.

BTW, for non-con, coaches have to make an agreement early for run-rule. Apparently, they didn't chat about this before the series...

29. orangeblack&gold

Two quick outs for Carillo. Make that three as Kevin gets a good out from 3rd. Nice work by a couple guys that might get some more work now and bulk up our depth out of the pen.

30. orangeblack&gold

Sure wish Coach would loan 'em a player or two. 4th E of the game and we've got a base runner in T8.