Super Bowl 53

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Feb 3, 2019.

1. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I knew a guy once who went to a UT Extension (night school) in around 1974, went to one class, never went to class again, nor any other course. Ever.

I guess he's a "Longhorn" too.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They didn't miss much...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Our players like him

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Thought I heard the Rams coach say if they win they were undecided on visiting the WH. They don't have to worry about it. Stupid to even think about that before the Super Bowl and should have prepared a better game plan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  5. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

During the National Anthem, as the teams stood on the field, looked to me like most Patriots were standing with their right hand over the heart, and maybe trying to sing along a bit.

A number of the Lambs stood with not just their right hand kind of over their heart but also their left forearm crossing the right, both hands holding onto the front of their shoulder pads, kind of pretending to have their hand over their heart, but not really. I guess so they could say "Hey, I had my right hand over my heart."

Maybe good for them they didn't win --- their accountants would have informed them that a big chunk of their winning bonus would have been withheld and sent directly to the IRS. Would have really pissed them off even more. Maybe one or more would quit and become a UPS driver.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

USPS - yes

UPS has higher standards

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I heard a reasonable argument that it was the single most impactful 100%-wrong call in NFL history.

8. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Didn't watch a single play thanks to the patriots making me sick to watch. In fact, I haven't watched a single play from the last 3 super bowls....

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Despite not being an Oilers fan, I would probably put the blown call against the Steelers circa '79 as being more impactful, if for no other reason than it was the closest they ever came to getting to the big dance...it also served as impetus for replay being implemented.

10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'll ask again, why? If its for political reasons keep these comments on the west mall. If it's not political I'm curious.