Super Regional Results

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Jun 6, 2015.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

2. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Top 4th, aggy to bat, Frogs over aggy 5-1, Frogs have scored in every inning

3. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Mo St came back for a win today. TCU is making ewes out of the Aggie rams. 13-4 TCU after 8. My TCU daughter gets to relish this one and then take in the Rolling Stones concert this evening. A charmed day for her.

4. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Way to go toads! Eliminate those shits tomorrow!

5. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

6. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

That is true. College baseball is fun. To bad we're not playing.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Can we keep a running tab of who made it to Omaha?

8. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This link from my above post keeps a running account of all the Super Regionals.

ncaa-baseball-tournament-saturday-super-regionals

The second video, after the walk off LSU homer, is an interview, by Baton Rouge native Kaylee Hartung, of the Tiger hero.

10. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Via a poster on another board during yesterdays' TCU game:

I am here at the game. My younger cousin is a true freshman on the team. Vaught. Not getting to play, but he's just a fish. Aggy rolled in here loud and obnoxious as ever. They didn't open the gates to the field until about 45 minutes to first pitch. Aggy was everywhere. Now it's 9th inning and aggy has all but vanished. Maybe a smattering of aggy still here. You wouldn't believe the trash talking and chest thumping aggy was doing before the game started.

Tcu fans are coming up to me and shaking my hand (wearing a Texas hat) and saying things like "can you believe how uncouth these aggies are?" It's just universal- nobody likes aggy, nobody respects aggy and it's not because of their team, it's purely because of their fans. Hands down most annoying and obnoxious fan base anywhere.​

• Like Like x 1
  11. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

TCU ties the second game of the series 1-1, in the top of the ninth, going to extra innings.

Louisville wins 9-3 to tie their series with Cal Fullerton at 1-1.

Arkansas leads 3-1 in the fifth of the deciding game of the series with Missouri State.

12. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

aggy may yet win today, but that was one of the stupidest plays ever in the ninth inning which allowed the TCU runner to tag up and score from third on a very short fly ball. The aggy center fielder caught the lazy fly, weakly threw it towards the plate with the Frog tagging up, and the second baseman cuts the throw off and then tries to throw it to the plate. Have these people ever seen a baseball game before? Now aggy has a runner at third with only one out, and can win it with an rbi here, which may let that bonehead play slide into meaninglessness. That would bring a big sigh of relief to two very stupid aggies.

13. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

A&M wins 2-1 on a SF in the tenth, to tie the series 1-1.

To help clarify the situation, on the SF, that tied the game for TCU. As a former infielder, I can tell you in that situation, the second baseman is the cut off man. He has his back to the plate and the only time you cut off the throw, is if told to do so by the catcher yelling cut! Then if he feels a play can be made at the plate he follows by yelling four, which refers to where to throw the ball, four being home plate.

The catcher would say to cut the throw, if he feels the throw was off line, or to weak to get there in time, and the only way the out could be made, is if the throw is cut and then relayed accurately.

I never saw an angle of the play, from the catchers point of view, it would be best way to tell, if a mistake was made, by either catcher or infielder.

It is possible the outfielder just lost his grip on the throw and caused it to be weakly thrown, hard to know, without being there and asking what happened.

14. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Game 3 Monday in Fort Worth. Ags win 2-1 in 10.

15. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Arkansas leads 3-2 to the bottom of the eighth, MSU is the home team.

16. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Arkansas wins 3-2, to win the series 2-1, and go to Omaha.

17. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

LSU-ULaLa on in the background here, but I've seen enough to say "Eaux-k. Enough of this eaux ****. It's not like that's been done in Louisiana forever. Geaux Peauxche?

18. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Piss on lsu, aggy and vandy!

19. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

LSU wins 6-3 over UL-Lafayette and takes the series 2-0, to advance to Omaha.

20. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Miami, Virginia, Florida, Arkansas, and LSU have punched their tickets to Omaha.

Louisville and Fullerton series tied 1-1.

TCU and A&M series tied 1-1.

Vanderbilt leads Illinois 1-0, game rained out today.

www.d1baseball.com

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

SEC having a year like Big XII did last year and chance to get up to 5 teams to Omaha.

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hook 'Em Frogs!

• Like Like x 1
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Point of Order...

Such a command would seem to be a waste of perfectly good piss. Surely there is something else that could be used...or would that be ewe-sed

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

B12: 3 out of 9 schools in 2014
    SEC: 4/5 out of 14 schools in 2015

If only 4 schools, B12 has the higher percentage.

25. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Vanderbilt wins 4-2, they win the series 2-0.

The defending national champs make it back to Omaha.

26. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

I'll give Vandy a pass cause they are eddheads.

27. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Aggy loads the bases in the top of the first, with one out.
    Two strikeouts later the frame ends.
    TCU coming to bat.

Louisville and Fullerton tied 1-1, in the fifth.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If Aggie wins, you will never hear the end of SEC supremacy (5 teams). If TCU wins, that will be 4 team in the last two years for the big12 versus 6 for SEC, giving the B12 the edge in percentage (4/9 vs 6/14)

29. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Aggy leads TCU 1-0, in the fourth.

Louisville leads Fullerton 2-1, in the seventh.

30. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

TCU leads Aggy 2-1, in the sixth.

Fullerton and Louisville tied 3-3, in the eighth.