Super Regional Texas v. East Carolina

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jun 8, 2022.

1. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

So, so happy for Tristan Stevens--he's been through so much disappointment this season. And I've been so impressed with Skyler Messinger all season--and now he gets rewarded with a trip to Omaha. Couldn't be happier for this team

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Congrats 'Horns on another trip to Omaha...........we are in a tough bracket with ND, Agroids and BlowU............Hook em! :bevo::hookem::ousucksnana:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Or another way to look at it - Notre Dame, Agroids and Zero U are in a tough bracket with TEXAS! :hookem:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Game Three Highlights:

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  6. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

Good to have Tristan back. Great job last night. So many played great last night, was a team effort for sure.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Game Three Post Game Presser:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pickle_Nuts

Pickle_Nuts Will travel with tickets.

I really like how the bats are all coming to life and the bullpen is gaining confidence.

Hopefully, they are peaking headed in and can maintain the energy.

Notre Dame beat a very good Tennessee team and they should garner respect.

The farmers already won their CWS on a Tuesday night in Austin.

The team has traded blows with the paper clips through the season, motivation will be high considering the last loss. The land thieves women winning their CWS should also serve as motivation on both sides.

Let’s hope for some solid baseball.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

TRISTAN STEVENS

6 innings
    1 run
    5 strikeouts
    3 walks
    5 hits

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Like Like x 6
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

This is when I love all the exuberant horns down ********.
    As they slump off the field with their tail between their legs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

TRAVIS STHELE

2 innings
    0 runs
    0 hits
    1 strikeout
    2 walks

• Like Like x 4
  13. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

14. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

JARED SOUTHARD

1 inning
    0 runs
    0 hits
    1 strikeout
    0 walks
    (and some REALLY FAST pitches thrown)

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:
    :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

• Like Like x 4
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I want to do my 25 votes a day for Ivan but forgot which thread the link is is:confused2:

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

So I'm starting to think Murph walks up to the batter's box and insults the pitcher's mother or something...

Poor Murph -- he's been getting beaned A LOT!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

This guy has been under-appreciated. He performed well, again, and is primed for some really good work in the CWS. He has a 2.63 ERA and a 1.13 WHIP. 43 strikeouts to 18 walks (well over a 2 to 1 ratio). And it's good to have a guy on the staff who throws fastballs in the high 90s with control!

• Like Like x 2
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

And Pierce is 3 out of 5 or 60% so he's hall of fame by those numbers.

And folks, Horns down is a national thing. When you achieve universal hatred status then you know you're doing something right. It's now a badge of honor. No reason to be offended. Rise above it and laugh.

:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

OR bystander
    We could take it back and own it.
    Longhorns put Horns down when they are going to lay another low
    Never forget our Bevo going after the Ga handlers who forced the poor dog too close

So make Horns down our defensive sign. Horns down ready to stop whoever is there.

The symbol should be OURS, up or down

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Imagine the confusion on ou etc face when 100k Horns put their Horns down.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I like that one!

22. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

ECU's game three post game presser:

23. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

This is true. When they *stop* doing it, then we've got problems.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

The paper clips lol

• Like Like x 1
  25. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Extended highlights from game three:

• Like Like x 1
  26. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

All these teams that are left are dangerous. Skip has his pitching staff performing at a high level.

we need southard to find another level and Tristan to keep growing if we are to have a chance.

going to be fun to watch this group, a lot of seniors that don’t want to play their last ball game are realizing this is it, so there will be a lot of effort and heart on the field going forward. We are starting to see the pitching staff elevate their play like I figured they would when it’s time and hopefully we see the bullpen hit the stratosphere now. The team needs bulldogs coming out of the bullpen like Tristan did last night. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I see what you are thinking, but I disagree. We are occupying a huge space in their heads, rent free. Instead of cheering for their own team, they are spending their energy pumping our guys up. Why do anything to interfere with that? We should relish it -- even encourage it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

that's a poorly constructed sentence, like I would post.

Isn't "We're cutting some slack to any one with bleary eyes...." better?

throw in a couple of typos and it is me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I caught a little bit of flack last night for pushing it, but I sure am glad we played (and finished) this game last night--weather or late night notwithstanding.

Of course, I was one of those kids playing tackle football in the muddy ditch with my pals, with a flash flood in progress and lightning striking within 1/2 mile or less ...
    (Millenials and younger folks--safety was not as big a societal concern back then...)

:bevo::bevo::bevo:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1