Sure Quiet

Discussion in 'Softball' started by flash34, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I went back and looked thru the schedule and with yesterdays loss we are 4-15 against ranked opponents this year. We also lost an additional 7 games to unranked opponents meaning we've lose almost every meaningful game on our schedule.

Just to make things worse we have the fewest number of qualifiers in the conference for the academic all Big XII team with five. Not one player from UT made the 25 finalists list for the player of the year award. So they're not sacrificing education for athletic success.

I know...:deadhorse:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I've been thinking about CDC's ability to judge the status of our softball team. In football and basketball, it's fairly obvious if a change is needed. In softball, all the schools play a different, total number of games that the numbers even within our conference swing wildly. As a comparison: we are 30-23 (after this weekend) and Baylor will be 35-14. So we we will have 9 more loses than them, but they will "only" have 5 more wins than us. And hey, Baylor is WAY, WAY better than us. The point I'm making is just raw win/loss records are harder in baseball/softball - especially when weather plays a role in games being played or not.

Along the same thought about CDC's ability to judge, his work history and if those schools offered softball comes into play:

TCU, AD - no softball
    Rice, AD - no softball
    Arizona, assistant AD - SOFTBALL!

So will he be able to judge if a college softball team is healthy based on his history at Arizona from 2000-2006?

And all the while, will he be having Plonsky whispering in his ear, "We're turning the corner. She's going them pointed up."

I hope he can view it with the right set of glasses.

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm no AD and can see that 4-16 against ranked opponents in one season is not healthy. Our win totals were completely padded with absolutely terrible teams. After looking thru the schedule, I dont think this team has earned a tourney bid.

2014. 35-23
    2015. 38-16
    2016. 38-17
    2017. 33-26
    2018. 30-23

Now that's pointed in a direction, but its not up.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I almost tweeted a reply to Mr. Davis, but thought the better of it.
    (tourist reporter!)

5. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

He knows nothing about Texas softball obviously- or he’s related to Connie Clark.
    She’s the worst coach on the 40 acres. And she’s gone. Time for a re-start for this unperforming sport.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I am surprised she is still coaching at Texas.
    Baby it's time to sit down.
    But a good friendship, will definitely secure your job.....
    Hookem'

7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I've read elsewhere that people in the know are saying she's gone. Of course that's just rumors though and we know how those go.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

She replaced the assistants this past season so that excuse is gone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Pretty sure I have thoroughly voiced my opinion on this subject, but I will be seriously disappointed if we dont have a different staff next year. The only thing I can think is that CDC wants a second season in his position to build more evidence to make the move considering the entrenched protective system she has in place. Doesn't make it right, but I could certainly understand the politics of it all especially with the clown we have as school president.

• Like Like x 1
  10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Isn't Connie at the end of her current contract this year? If so, than what you propose would mean a one year extension, which is a weak show of support from the AD. It might just be easier for it to be a "not renew" situation, which has no financial penalty rather than a fire during contract, which then would have financial obligations.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Great piece of info I did not know if true. This could be the easiest coaching change I've seen in my 30+ years of following Texas sports.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yup. Protecting Clark and Kelly.

13. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

I will have to see a change made before I believe one is imminent. And then I'll give it a couple of weeks just to make sure it actually happened. Cause it's been a lllooonnngggggg time coming.

• Like Like x 1
  14. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I was thinking of Danny Davis' viewpoint that we're rooting for a change to a coach who has taken us to the WCW. But I call that "drive by" reporting. These guys sometimes stop by and report on a game and they look at the record and resulting invite to the tournament and say, "What's so bad? Texas is on the same level as most teams". But if you were to translate that to baseball, then oh-my-goodness Augie's game has passed him by, he needs to be....uhhhh, convinced to retire. But because they only occasionally look at the team and it's record, they think we're a bunch of entitled fans.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Let's be really clear. Clark wasn't the one who took us to the world series. If Clark was any good we would have won it because of the coaching edge.....but we didnt.

• Like Like x 1
  16. anteater1973

anteater1973 25+ Posts

Kirk Bohls from AAS just tweeted that Clark has resigned.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts