Surfside, Texas

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by crazyhornsfan, May 1, 2007.

1. crazyhornsfan

crazyhornsfan 25+ Posts

Anyone ever been? I'm taking a date down there for a friend's wedding reception this weekend and want to know which restaurants are good to dine at.

2. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

Huh. For a date. Huh.

It's kind of a dive of a beach town, and to get nicer, you go into glamorous places like Clute, Freeport, and Lake Jackson.

If you are looking for someplace remotely chick friendly, I guess there's a Johnny Carino's in Lake Jackson right off of 288. Oh wait -- The Red Snapper Inn. It's on the Beach Road (Edgewater Highway) about a mile after you turn left down the beach. VERY good fresh seafood, and also some good Greek/Italian dishes. BRING CASH -- doesn't take CC or check.

When I go, I'm usually fishing. We might get a pizza somewhere, or more likely, a cheeseburger from Kitty's Purple Cow, on the Beach Road about a mile after you turn.

My folks just bought a beach house down there, so I'll be learning more about it in the very near future.

3. SouthernSooner

SouthernSooner 100+ Posts

I'll second Briskettexas's recommendation for the Red Snapper Inn (excellent seafood). Other than that, you're probably better served to go north on 257 across San Luis pass onto Galveston Island for more restaurant choices. There's a another good seafood place on the bayside before you get to Jamaica Beach but I can't remember the name.