Sweed done at senior bowl

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by hot_c_win_horns, Jan 24, 2008.

1. hot_c_win_horns

hot_c_win_horns 100+ Posts

The Link

MOBILE, Ala. — Texas wide receiver Limas Sweed is more than likely done at Senior Bowl week.

Sweed sat out Wednesday's workout and said he aggravated a left wrist injury in one-on-one drills during the first couple of practices. He watched from the sideline with his wrist and hand wrapped.

Limas Sweed injured his wrist again and will likely miss the rest of the week's action.
    He first hurt his wrist in two-a-days before the season, then did not play in the Longhorns' final seven games because the pain was too much. Surgery was performed to repair torn ligaments, and he had his cast removed Jan. 14.

Sweed said he had X-rays taken before Wednesday's practice, and while he said everything was fine, the pain had persisted and he didn't want to risk further problems. The decision to sit out, probably for the rest of the week, was made early Wednesday.

"The last couple days in practice, the one-on-ones, the guys went to break the ball up and bent my wrist forward," Sweed said. "It's 100 percent healed, but my range of motion is about 30 percent. You can imagine how that felt. It's hurting too bad.

"The other day I just took some Advil and sucked it up, and it happened again. I said, 'I'm not coming out the third day.' Everybody that knows me knows I'm a competitor. I don't back down from anything. To sit back and to watch those one-on-ones today and to watch those guys catch passes, it disturbed me some. I've been out of football for months and I want to play, but I have to be smart."

Multiple mock drafts have him going in the first round.

2. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

That really sucks. I wonder if the wrist is enough of a concern that teams will rethink their draft analysis.

3. hot_c_win_horns

^^^^^^^Disregard, i did not notice that this has already been posted

4. hot_c_win_horns

hopefully that is why he is sitting out, so his wrist can have a little more time to heal and he will be ready for the combine, where it really matters

5. ShinerChE

ShinerChE 250+ Posts

If his cast came off the 14th, he should be doing rehab and regaining his range of motion. I realize he wants to play but you have to get everything back to close to normal before you try.