Sweed ranked #3 WR in draft

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by thewalruswasjohn, Feb 18, 2008.

1. thewalruswasjohn

thewalruswasjohn < 25 Posts

2. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

I think the top 3 WRs this year are all from the Big 12.
    my rankings are:
    1. Bowman
    2. Kelly
    3. Sweed

I think with a decent combine he can get into the first round. other WRs may go before him like Jackson b/c of speed and ST.
    Hope Sweed can have a great week at the combine.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Never heard of that site. Looks like a bunch of amateur experts writing the articles. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Not that I necessarily disagree that Sweed will be the third receiver taken. That should put him going in the 2nd round as I expect he will.

4. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

i dont think he will be the 3rd WR take, just the 3rd talent.
    i think there will be 3 WRs taken in the first round. Jackson and Kelly should both go in round 1.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Because of his injury, he'll probably fall farther than a guy of his talent level ought to fall.

6. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

7. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

"How can you have Bowman as the top in this draft. He will go 2nd round at best. Kelly, Limas, and Jackson are all considerably better than him. "

...because he is far and away the most talented?

8. Austin10

Austin10 100+ Posts

Bowman has struggled in pre-draft workouts - and that's a huge understatement. Reports say he looks lost, can't run routes well, and has stone hands.

To be fair, he's had a successful college career and I hope that can translate into the NFL because he's got tons of (the p word)

9. The Human Gumbi

The Human Gumbi 25+ Posts

Bowman won't be taken before the 4th round. He sucked at the Senior Bowl. Terrible routes and couldn't catch anything.

10. UT Spring Branch

UT Spring Branch 500+ Posts

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Kevin Durant struggled in pre-draft workouts, too. Bowman's proven on the field that he can get open and catch the ball against anybody, it'd be a mistake for him to fall past mid 2nd round IMO.

12. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Bowman has been slow and has not caught the ball along with running bad routes. Unless he runs under 4.5 tomorrow he won't go in the 2nd round. And he will probably run in the 4.55 range.

13. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

Hobbies ,
    I didn’t say he would be take as the first pick. If you complete reading, you will see that I stated Jackson will go first. As I stated again 2 post.

Human Gumbi,
    I hope you are kidding, or just finished smoking. I would love to play you in fantasy football. May not be a star but definitely top 2 round guy.

WRs that run 4.55, don’t tell JRice, not a comparison but I would love for people to realize a 40 time means about 5% of it all. Ever try rating if a WR can just run down the field correctly, and catch the ball. That might be important.
    Its not just arm-chair guys like us but NFL GMs dont get this fact either.

14. thewalruswasjohn

thewalruswasjohn < 25 Posts

Everybody has to start somewhere. [​IMG]

15. Shotcallah

Shotcallah < 25 Posts

I like the sound of Vince to Sweed . . .

16. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

How fast is Sweed?

Is he a "4.5" that will end up being a 4.63?

Or is he a "4.5" that will end up being a 4.5?

17. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

18. kelloggOUballa

kelloggOUballa < 25 Posts

From watching Sweed he looks to me like a 4.6 or 4.7 guy. Dwayne Jarrett was running a 4.7 last year in workouts and declined to run the 40. I think Sweed is in that range.

19. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

I think I run about a 12.3.

20. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

Limas looks slower than 4.5 because he's a long strider. Sweed can run with all but a handful of DBs in the league. At 6'5", that's more than good enough for most GMs/coaches. It is unlikely that Limas runs a 4.6+ and highly unlikely that Limas runs a 4.7+.

There were a lot of you guys on here last year talking about how slow Mike Griffin was, too, but then he cranked out a 4.42. I would not be surprised to see Limas computer-time at 4.47-4.49, but it's more likely that he comes in around 4.51-4.54. He's a lot faster than most of you seem to think.

21. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Thats one thing I have noticed about our players. We always seem to think they are slow but then they run at the combine and boost their stock way up.

22. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

Fans are obsessed with speed at WR when it isn't really that important. I doubt Terrell Owens runs a 4.4. How fast is Wes Welker?

Route running, soft hands, balance, verticle leap & ability to take hits are much more important to pro scouts. Not sure where Sweed rates with them, but he never impressed me all that much. He was a better-than-avg. WR in college but not great.

23. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

24. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

If Sweed is healthy, I think he will be very dangerous in the NFL.

25. ACuriae

ACuriae 500+ Posts

I am I correct when I hear that Limas ran a 4.46 on his first try and a 4.52 on his second?

26. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

that would be correct. 6'3" and a 4.48. and good hands. sounds like first round material to me, depending on his injury status.

27. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

28. UTeed

UTeed 100+ Posts

Bobby Kennedy did a great job with Limas. He went from a young kid who looked totally mismatched to a full grown man who could catch the ball in any situation. He is a big fast guy who knows how to use his body. There is no telling how much a difference he would have made last year if healthy. I think he will have a great future in the NFL.

29. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

ESPN just had Buffalo at 11 taking Limas. Said he had a great workout and his wrist is fine. take it fwiw.

30. Maduka

Maduka 250+ Posts