Sweet 16 Game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 20, 2018.

1. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

If I'm reading it right, Nate Silver gives us a 1% chance of winning the National Championship. Man, we ain't getting no respect at all. We'll have to prove him wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

either way would work as long as the games weren't piled up when there's no reason, other than money, to do so.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Can't find a UCLA forum with anything on the game other than the 247 forum that had a thread with three posts on Monday. Even the LA Times has nothing on the upcoming game.

4. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Good summary from Michelle Voepel of each team in the Sweet 16

• Like Like x 2
  5. LutherIsMyDog

Cool composite video of what the team was doing on Selection Monday. The video also provides a glimpse of Jamey Carey and her coaching personality.

• Like Like x 4
  6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I hesitate to even mention this, but wasn't there a glimpse of Rellah in that practice tape? Good to see Jamie at work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

I saw Rellah in the practice part of the video, I think I saw her in every section.

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Whoever this Borzi person is? Now my arch-enemy. Never pick against the Horns!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. LutherIsMyDog

Looks like Borzi has a little West Coast bias as he/she also picked Stanford to upset Louisville.

10. Scamp

Scamp 100+ Posts

Patrick Borzi
    @BorzMN
    Contributing writer to N.Y. Times, espnW, MinnPost, et al. Expat New Yorker & Fordham grad at home in the Midwest. We are always what our situations hand us.

11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Ahhh, it was all tongue-in-cheek at the "disrespect" shown. The only teams I've seen play were UConn and the Bears....so what do I know?

• Like Like x 1
  12. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Is ND really that good given all the injuries they are dealing with?

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I guess us against UCLA is sort of the #7 (8) overall seed versus the overall #10 seed. So, on paper, it shapes up to possibly be a close and competitive game.

The other matchups in the round of 16, several due to upsets in the round of 32, aren't supposed to be all the close on paper.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  14. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

They are amazingly good, considering the injuries. Muffin must be one hell of a coach and personnel recruiter, because despite all those injuries, ND is still one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the country. She always has shooters and scorers, year after year, and they always do well.

• Like Like x 5
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice story about LaShann and UCLA's Japreece Dean, both Central Texas HS players in 2015.
    https://www.hookem.com/story/finall...higgs-japreece-dean-meet-texas-ucla-sweet-16/

• Like Like x 2
  16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/ncaa/article206479919.html
    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/ncaa/article206436959.html

• Like Like x 2
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Statistically against the 15 other teams. As teams are eliminated the percentages will change.

18. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I realize that.

19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Talk about bad timing. My daughter and I are going to Stars game tomorrow. Ya’ll pull the Horns through. I hope to watch the replay win when I get home. Hook ‘Em

20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

family time is really important. Have fun at the Stars game.

21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

22. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

23. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

They’ve had injuries but almost every player that’s healthy was a highly touted recruit. Every player on their starting five could realistically start for any team in the country.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Yes, like us, they do have highly recruited players (although not as many McDonalds All Americans as we do), BUT Muffet McGraw is one of the very best coaches in the game and is an absolute genius in her approach and half court offensive philosophy. Their half court offensive sets and ball movement are a thing of beauty. That is coaching. Muffet is hands down one of the top 3 coaches in the game today!!!

25. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I think we will be fine tonight as long as we stay out of foul trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  27. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I think UCLA will win the game. The difference will be Jordan Canada and Billings.

28. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

https://www.dailytexanonline.com/20...ty-alecia-sug-sutton-has-home-court-advantage

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts