Sweet 16 Game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 20, 2018.

1. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

We got this!

• Like Like x 1
  2. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Even if we are to fall short, it is clear that KA has returned this program to a level where it is reasonable to have unreasonable expectations. And frankly I can think of no higher compliment to her, her staff and her players.

She has never brought in a kid who was an elite player, but was never going to be able to graduate and get a degree from the University of Texas. Very few sports, women's or men's, at any level can say that.

Our bar is high. It is clear her's is too, personally and professionally. While being as subtle and as much of as a gentleman as I can, neither she, or her program as it relates to the big picture, is in the shadow of anyone in, oh say, a 200 mile radius.

Now, with that said, HOOK EM HORNS!!!!

"A kid. A ball. A dream".
    John R. Wooden

:hookem2::texasflag::ousucks:

• Like Like x 7
  3. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

8:21 tipoff. Let's GO HORNS!!! :hookem2:

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

OMG, BU goes down! :smile1:
    I know I want the Big 12 to represent but this actually feels kinda of good.

• Like Like x 4
  5. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

:bow:And down goes Baylor

• Like Like x 4
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Alright, Horns, time to corral the Bruins. :hookem2:

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

geez, that was probably our worse half this year. The only thing that gives me hope is that UCLA was unable to draw away. 15 TOs! Numerous poor passes.
    Second half has to be better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

It's been our achilles heel ALL YEAR.......no effective half court offense. Everybody knows it including the announcers. You can't run every possession. Unforced turnovers because we still don't know how to attack a zone consistently. SMH!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

IIRC, we had a bad first half against UCLA in the 2016 sweet sixteen game. Ariel took the team on her back the second half. Hope she is ready to repeat that performance tonight in the second half!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yes, Ariel must catch on fire. She won’t end her Texas career this way...nor will Brook

• Like Like x 1
  11. overseasbbfan1

For all of that we are still only down 8 and didn't play well at all. And the difference is actually that 7 point run in the first quarter as (playing as poorly as we did) we matched them 20 points to 20 points in the second. I actually think UCLA has played about as well as they could have thus far, and the Horns no where close to our best - yet still only down single digits. But we need to get back on track early in the 3rd, we don't want to dig a deeper hole, or have to play catch up the entire second half. Let's go Horns!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Great start to the 3rd Qtr

13. overseasbbfan1

This yo-yo stuff is bad for my heart. Horns looked great and open the 3rd on a 14-4 run and then UCLA goes on a 10 point run. We gotta stop this back and forth nonsense and take care of business.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Heartbreaking way to end the season for our team.
    Kudos to UCLA who answered every surge by the Horns with one of their own.

• Like Like x 4
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

UCLA seniors were the #1 ranked class and this was expected but nothing can convince otherwise, Texas is the better team...if only they’d played like it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

So true... Achilles' heel all this season and the five prior as well. SMH

• Like Like x 2