Swine irrelevance in Texas recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Chop, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 2,500+ Posts

Dixon is still undecided and did not sign with anyone today. Rivals predicts he's a likely Texas signee, after de-committing from the hogs, but we'll see. Dixon is the younger brother of Keaontay Ingram, and could play RB or WR, or some sort of "scat-back" combo position. I think WR is his most likely position in college. Dixon has run a 10.81 100 meter dash, and averaged 15.3 yards per catch in 2018 (he caught 84 passes for 1,288 yards and 17 TDs--excellent numbers). At the State track and field championships, he was second in the triple jump and sixth in the 100 meters. Yeah, he's fast. While reports claim his route running is a bit raw, he is explosive and accelerates very rapidly. Along with us and Arkansas, Dixon is also being heavily pursued by Baylor, OSU, Houston, and TCU.

• Like Like x 2
  2. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 250+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan 10,000+ Posts

Mr. Dixon, please do not cast your pearls of skill before swine.... instead bring dem pearls to Austin Texas baby!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

Piggie fans must be looking at the Mississippi schools hiring Lane Kiffin and Mike Leach, then look at their career OL coach hire and feel like they are going to get lapped by the rest of the SEC West.

He might be a good hire, but as of today it looks like they are playing checkers and the rest of the SEC West is playing chess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 5,000+ Posts

a crispy lapped again.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

You're gonna trade away big guns and money in exchange for more kids?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 2,500+ Posts

I still think we sign Dixon. Arkansas will be left to wallow in the left-over slop.

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan 10,000+ Posts

I sometimes ask myself: What is the allure?

Other than getting a faster chance to play or perhaps $$$ offered, WHY would any really good player want to attend a backwater college and play football for a struggling backwater program - like arky?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 5,000+ Posts

For the love of the game; for the prestige of being known as a pig people product; oh hell for the money.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 2,500+ Posts

Not directly swine related, but now that Leach is at Mississippi State, I bet he'll be recruiting a bunch of Texas QBs and WRs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 1,000+ Posts

Bagged two a few nights back. They are suppose to be real smart...Maybe they'll learn soon and give up.
    Nah...they're too desperate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 100+ Posts

I saw that he grabbed a QB (dual) from the portal. Got me wondering how good a fit his offensive style will be with the current players. Anybody know what kind of offense MS ran before?

13. Chop

Chop 2,500+ Posts

Not exactly hot-off-the-presses, but some good links (and I don't mean pork sausage links :smile1:) are below:

Texas Football: Longhorns could pursue Arkansas’ recruiting losses

East Texas players decommit from Arkansas in the aftermath of Morris firing

Texas athlete Dixon decommits from Arkansas

Arkansas making a push for 2021 Texas quarterback commit Milroe

The quotes below are from this article:
    What should Arkansas do next? – Concerning Sports
    His over-arching point: Arkansas can't compete with just Arkansas kids, they must also recruit well in Texas, especially East Texas.

"You could argue that the deep south basically extends to the “pine curtain” that some use to define the start of “East Texas.” If you don’t know your Texas geography, East Texas is a rural region devoid of many major population centers. The entire region includes about two million people, but that’s including the southern extensions of “East Texas” such as the “golden triangle” down by Houston. Back in the day, Arkansas was a part of the Southwest conference with Baylor, Texas, TCU, Houston, Tech, Rice, Texas A&M, and SMU."

"I noted earlier in the summer that Arkansas does manage to lock down their state quite well in recruiting. From 2015 to 2019 when I studied numbers across the country, Arkansas produced an average of about four blue chip (4-star or higher) prospects per year and an average of three of the would sign at home with the Razorbacks. That’s a solid start, but from there the Razorbacks have to recruit on someone else’s turf and convince kids from further east to choose Arkansas over the other SEC schools or they have to go west into East Texas."

"Chad Morris’ 2019 recruiting class included 11 players ranked as 4-stars out of 25. That put them 23rd nationally but only 10th in the SEC. Two of those players hailed from Arkansas, another two came from Texas, and then one more came from Oklahoma. The Texas kids were from DFW (Mansfield Legacy) and East Texas (Jefferson). Those are traditional and natural recruiting grounds for Arkansas, and the reason they choose to play Texas A&M in Dallas and always play them so hard. It’s tough to recruit at a high level though going up against Oklahoma, Texas, A&M, and then also the various Big 12 programs or other SEC programs that poach those regions."

14. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 1,000+ Posts

They stuck in and caught me slippin the other night.
    Must have had spies....couldn't have been better timing for them.
    They adapt...I adapt....only better.
    I'll be ready next time...and...
    ..blaw blaw blaw.

15. Chop

Chop 2,500+ Posts

Dixon to Texas!!!

Tough break hogs.

• Winner Winner x 1