Swine resurgence in Texas recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Chop, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

After leaving the SWC for swampier pastures, Arkansas has all but fallen off the map for the very good quality Texas recruits--the sort that UT, OU, LSU, even A&M, etc. might want. The pigs haven't done that well with the 2nd tier Texas recruits either. This has been the case for a few decades.

Now, like a horde of feral pigs tearing up Texas farms and ranches, the swine have returned and are doing pretty well recruiting Texas again. 50% (8 of 16) of their current recruits are from Texas. They only have one Rivals 4* from Texas, but the 3* guys they're getting aren't a bunch of bums: Chandler Morris, Savion Williams, Brandon Frazier, etc. Thus far, they haven't been a big threat to us, as we're mostly chasing the very blue among the blue chips. For now, they're mostly cutting into the guys that might normally go to A&M, TCU, Baylor, Tech, etc. We should keep a close eye on the pigs, lest they tear up parts of our recruiting gardens. A couple of Arkansas winning seasons and a couple of fed-ex envelopes full of cash, and the swine might start taking some of the guys in East Texas and North Texas that we really want. Our dipsh!t cousins, the aggies, have let the swine in the back door to Texas recruiting by playing them in Arlington every year...

• Hot Hot x 3
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. hornde68

hornde68 25+ Posts

This is this whole SEC, SEC,SEC bull**** that aTm has been pitching since they blowed up over Texas envy and the LHN. They invited the whole SEC to pitch Texas kids on playing every year or two at ‘home’ in Texas. As to playing Arkie in Jerry-world, they die for an annual ‘rival’ that they might beat. Might beat being the problematic part. They would be logical rivals with LSU (played them for years) but not much chance of beating them. Auburn cause they are Aggie too, academically. Again, there’s that might beat problem. They wanted to be our rival but had ‘welcome’ printed on their hats (doormats). I would suggest Lamar or aTm Consolidated maybe

3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 1,000+ Posts

Just need to lock-in our Defensive Texarkana recruits and the Hill people can have the acorns on the ground.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 5,000+ Posts

It's not surprising no matter how bad their coaching is. The academic side is nearing more Texas kids than Arkansas kids, and the school is waving out of state tuition for Texas kids.

It ain't the Fayettenam that many of us remember. Walmart and John Tyson's "new" airport with nonstops to Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, LA, SFO, Chicago, NYC, Denver, DC, has changed the area, which is now full of chain restaurants, as well as local establishments. Nock got the height restrictions dropped on a case by case business, which enhanced development

• poop poop x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  6. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. mchammer

mchammer 5,000+ Posts

6 TO’s. Wow

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan 10,000+ Posts

YES!!! Amazing the Horns won that day. I don't ever remember a football team college or pro that had 6 TO's and won the game..... James Street saved our bacon (pardon the pun) that day.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like we might just swing one East Texas lad from pork to beef.

[​IMG]
    Kelvontay Dixon
    • Carthage, TX (Carthage)
    • ATH
    • 6-0
    • CLASS OF 20
    247Sports Composite 0.8817

10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 5,000+ Posts

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 5,000+ Posts

but they carry the bacon for the pig people!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 5,000+ Posts

I 'spect they do! :yes:

13. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

Based on the pigs’ pathetic performance on the field, I don’t think we’ll have to worry much about the swine affecting our recruiting for the near future. I think we’ll take Dixon from them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

And the fired coach?

15. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

Nah. I don’t think we should hire the pigs’ coach. :smokin:

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 5,000+ Posts

X,

Are you suggesting Herman hire Morris?

17. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

omg no.

chop gave some reasons arkansas to be cooling off recruiting. i replied and gave a fired coach as another reason. lol

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 5,000+ Posts

Arky's recently fired HC lost 14 straight conference SEC games from 2018 to his firing this past weekend. I don't think too many top recruits will want to jump on that sinking ship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 250+ Posts

20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 5,000+ Posts

Smart kid!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

Well, the pigs have now lost 6 commitments since they fired Chad M, so any short term concern about the swine resurgence in recruiting Texas is now dismissed. Whomever they hire next will probably give Texas recruiting the old college try, but Arkansas is in the dumpster for now.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:38 AM
  22. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 1,000+ Posts

And the dumpster is on fire. I wonder where his son goes? Houston? TCU? Baylor?

More importantly, where does Traylor go?

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

And just think, this is the year of the pig! If this is their year, what's it going to be like next year for the hogs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apparently, the pig's lucky numbers are 2, 5, and 8.
    Year of the Pig 2019, Pig Personality and Fortune, Chinese Zodiac 2020

2 - wins on the season
    5 - one less than the number of decommits since they fired Chad M.
    8 - number of losses on the season, with two more coming up

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM
  24. Chop

Chop 1,000+ Posts

I don't care who you are, you've got to like this guy:
    [​IMG]

More pig people:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (hi-tech Arkansas heating system above)

[​IMG]
    Arkansas' great statesman. The lead pig in the swine herd.