Sync'ing rights protected iTune songs

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by gecko, Aug 6, 2011.

1. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I have a number of songs I bought (not "borrowed") on iTunes that I can't sync with my Blackberry. When I do the media sync it always leaves these songs behind and tells me they are "rights protected". Any suggestions on getting around this...or is it hopeless

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

In the past I had difficulty getting my own songs off of itunes into my mp3 player which is not an ipod. I am not talking songs I bought off of itunes either. I am talking about songs off of my cd's put on computer.

I hope that itunes is a bit more open now to allow sync between it and other mp3 players because liked their interface better than msn player. I am afraid to download itunes and use it for the above reason. I looked it up online and there were pages about steps to take but none worked. Is this still a problem with itunes on a pc?

3. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

gecko
    Are you using the blackberry desktop app? I was able to sync with right protected itune songs when I did so. You need the program and the connection cord to your primary itunes computer. You may want to buy the itunes plus update for your old purchases converting them from AAC Protected to AAC Purchased. You can check this by dropping down the view menu and selecting Kind under View Options.

There is a work around if you are trying to load a few songs. Create a playlist and burn a CD. You can then load it back into itunes as either AAC or MP3. This unrestricted file will not contain the track data or art work ( you can add it manually) but it should be readily load on your Blackberry.