T-Zone Vibration Platform

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by zinger, Apr 25, 2011.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Anyone have info on or personal experience with Vibration platform Technology? And before any perverts log in, I'm talking about the platform machines similar in size to stairmaster units that rattle your entire body.. Claims that they can cure everything from osteoporosis to incontinence, and that 10 minutes on one is equal to 1 hour in the gym. Any positive/negative feedback on it appreciated.

2. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

Sounds fishy to me.

How would that cure anything? Except constipation maybe?

Seems like something that shakes enough to "rattle your body" could in no way be good for someone with osteoporosis...

3. Teasip63

Teasip63 100+ Posts

Well, my wife and I use one at our Chiroprators office twice a week for 5 minutes each time. They do claim it works wonders on all kinds of problems but I cannot prove that it works. We have both improved our health but I cannot say that the Vibrator had anything to do with it.

4. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Quite a bit of literature if you google it. Large price variance too. Tested one in Houston and thought it to be very relaxing. Couldn't tell much difference later that day. Still don't know enough to shell out big dollars for one.

5. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts

You & your wife go to a chiropractor twice a week? I must ask why and for how long?

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Is this like the Shake Weight concept or does it just use distraction? It would be hard to do a blinded study on this.

7. Teasip63

Teasip63 100+ Posts

I have a 95 year old uncle who is great shape that has been touting the benefits of using a chiropractor for years. So, my wife and I decided to visit one. They took xrays and found that we both had spine deviation issues. Such as: loss of curve in our necks (I slump forward slightly), when I stood on two scales side by side at the same time, I had about 50lbs more on the left side scale (that really surprised me), and some numbness in my right leg when I stand for a short time.

My wife had other neck, shoulder and back problems that needed addressing.

So, we have been going for about 10 months, three times a week and all of our symptoms have improved enough so that we are now down to two times a week.

The concern was that if our spine is not aligned correctly, then the nerves cannot send and receive the correct signals for our organs and other body parts and that makes them less efficient and effective.

Now when I stand on the scales side by side I now have slightly more weight on my right side.

We have also stopped three of my wife's medicines and one of mine due to just feeling better and our blood test results.

I had never really believed in chiropratic doctors but I do now. All of our symptoms are improved, my numbness is gone and I just feel better. I really don't understand it but I now believe it works.

8. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

T-Sip63, you didn't say how much credit if any you gave to the Vibration Platform for this improvement. Is your assessment of the device strong enough that you'd consider purchasing it?

9. Teasip63

Teasip63 100+ Posts

Well, I will say that I will continue to use it at the Doc's office but I will not buy one. If I could directly relate our health improvement to the vibration platform I would but I can not.