Taco Bueno tip

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by killerfrog17, Jul 3, 2007.

1. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

If anyone's interested, Taco Bueno's running a special where you can get 2 party burritos or tacos for a buck. You can load up for cheap.

2. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Nah, I'll just take some Castor oil and eat some escolar.

3. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

Tip: don't eat there.

4. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

5. Randy_Allen_Fan

Randy_Allen_Fan 25+ Posts

Tip: HEB has Alpo 3 for $.99. It will taste better and it wont hurt so much to **** afterwords.

6. #3Rules

#3Rules 250+ Posts

good lord

7. Sucklebuster

Sucklebuster 25+ Posts

8. WaywardHorn

WaywardHorn 100+ Posts

WTF man... all you TB haters upset me mightily! I would give anything for a Mexi-chips and Dip/Crunchy potato burrito right now. [​IMG]

9. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Taco Bueno is the best fast food mexican place in the state of Texas. What the hell are you haters talking about? This is the best value in fast food. Fresh salsa bar, great decor, and flavourful food.

10. Randy_Allen_Fan

11. CommerceHorn

CommerceHorn < 25 Posts

Out of the chains, you can't beat Bueno. I guess you haters are all yankee bell lovers. and Cabana? please. If you get outta there w/out e.coli it's o.k. I guess. I have yet to find a clean table there and I shutter to think what's growing in that kitchen.

Bueno pwns all. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

12. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

You all have no taste.

13. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

i have never been to a taco bueno and can't remember seeing one.

is there one in the austin area?

14. pike

pike 250+ Posts

We dont currently have one in Austin. There was one in Georgetown up until a few years ago. San Marcos is the closest location to get your Muchaco fix.

There is one breaking ground at Slaughter and Mopac near Circle C.

Their Cheesecake Chimichangas rule all!!!!!

Pike

15. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

GakFoo,
    I think I have these facts straight, but I am not above being corrected. Bueno started as a small place in Abilene. They have since branched out, mainly in DFW. In DFW there are about as common as Taco Bell. I would say there are pretty much in direct compitition with Bell. Cabana has more 'upscale' items that Bell or Bueno. (For instance you aren't going to get alcohol there, and most items are a la carte as opposed to Cabana's 'plates'). As some others have pointed out here, and I agree, Bueno is much more flavourful than Bell. It is cheap food, don't get me wrong. There was one in Georgetown that shut down after the exit/on ramps got all switched around and it was really hard to get to. In fact, every restaurant at that exit on the service road ended up closing. There is one now open on the East side of I-35 in San Marcos, and there is the one that is being built in Austin. For DFW folks Bueno is much loved, but maybe not so loved by others.

16. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

17. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

I think Rosa's is better than Taco Bueno or Taco Cabana.

18. Randy_Allen_Fan

I hate Taco Bell, but even the garbage they give you is not half as bad as Bueno on a good day. I've spent most of the past 20 year living no more than a 5 minute drive from at least 3 Buenos. I think I've eaten at every Bueno down the I-20 corridor and I can assure you that their ***-raping shittieness is not confined to any one location or city... they all ******* suck. I genuinely pity people who look forward to the opening of a new Bueno. Do yourselves a favor and pray Rosa's Cafe expands down your way. Learn what people in this part of Texas have known for years... Rosa's &#62; Cabana &#62; Bell &#62; solidified dog **** &#62; Bueno.

19. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

lol. lol. That is pretty funn stuff. Rosa's is fine, but costs a great deal more than Bueno. Bueno and Bell compete, Rosa's and Cabana compete. I personally like Bueno AND Cabana better than Rosa's. I have lived pretty close to Rosa's recently, and I will confess that when I need 'fast' food, I even would go to a Bell over Rosa's, just because it costs more, isn't as fast, and is more of a sit down restaurant place and I wanted to just drive through, get it and go.
    I really am amazed at someone who doesn't like Bueno at all. What do you eat there that you find so offensive. I can understand if people think it's just ok, but never heard of someone who hated it.

20. ERhine

ERhine 250+ Posts

21. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

22. michaelpshayes

michaelpshayes 25+ Posts

Rosa's has gotten out of hand with their prices. You can go to a regular sit down restaurant and pay less for fajitas than you do at Rosa's. Taco Villa has taken Rosa's place at the top of the list.

23. Randy_Allen_Fan

24. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

Las Palapas in SA pwns all fast-food Mexican restaurants. I've eaten at Bueno once and I wasn't that impressed. I prefer Cabana.

25. VoodooChi|d

VoodooChi|d 500+ Posts

Taco Cabana is open 24 hours therefore it immediately pwns all other fast-food mexican restaurants. I've spent countless nights sobering up inside a Taco Cabana.

In fact I could use some right now...

26. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

27. Les Claypool

Les Claypool 25+ Posts

28. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

Is this is a parody thread?

Please, God, let it be.

29. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Not a parody

30. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

[Hornsfans poster]If it didn't start in Austin, or isn't prevelant, it's **** as all Austin food is the nectar of the gods[/Hornsfans poster]