Tacoma? Santa Fe? Nope..went with the Dodge Dakota

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by horn1, Aug 21, 2004.

1. horn1

horn1 25+ Posts

Yeah, yeah.....I know alot of yall are saying, "You're gonna regret buying that 2004 Dakota." Well f**k it....the deal was TOO GOOD TO PASS UP!!!

2004 V6 Dakota Quad Cab SLT Plus (2x4)
    Sticker Price: $25,600
    Negotiated down to $21500 ($1830 below invoice)
    Rebates: -$5000

New Price: $16500
    (that's $9100 below the sticker)

We put $3000 down and got out the door with a loan around $14600 (TTL included). I'll sell my old truck for 5-6K, and refinance in a couple of months.

Any way you cut it, that's a pretty ******* good deal....I think. Really did my homework on this one. We had a couple of hairy moments with the salesman's boss, but I held my ground and they eventually caved. The 2004 Dakota got better reviews than the 2004 Tacoma did but we all know the Tacoma is alot more reliable.

HOWEVER....I couldn't get the Toyota guys to get below $21000 (rebates included) on the Tacoma and I didn't feel comfortable with the drivers seat either. The ride wasn't nearly as smooth as the Dakota either. The Sante Fe....well.....it sucked....not enough leg room for me driving.

In any case, I'm gonna buy an extended warranty on my own just in case some of yall are right and this thing starts breaking down in the future. $800-900 bucks will get me a great warranty for 6 years.

2. origino

origino 250+ Posts

wow..thought the durango was in the 30 K range. thats a great deal. i will be in the market for a new truck/suv in the near future. i always dread talking to salesman. you happy with our purchase???? [​IMG]

3. horn1

horn1 25+ Posts

Dakota...not Durango.

Yes, we're happy! [​IMG]

4. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

That IS a very good deal, all things considering. Nice work!