Takeaways from the Texas Tech game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Dec 30, 2016.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

1. Sometimes as Joyner goes straight to the basket I'm thinking, "Freshman move. She's going to crash into the defenders and get called for offensive foul". Instead, she launches herself, glides for a few seconds with the ball outstretched and lays the ball in. D-A-N-G
    2. I can't tell if you can call the way Tech played aggressive or dirty. Lots of hands and elbows into our players. They called about half of them.
    3. Brianna played well because she didn't get two fouls in the first 5-6 minutes of the game. She got playing time, which equates to scoring instead of being parked on the bench
    4. Not a big fan of Tashia's offense, but she's a whirling dervish of arms and hands when guarding someone. Good for one or two steals a game.
    5. So many bad passes by our team, directly to the other team.
    6. It was so obvious that Tech's mission was to clog the lane so our bigs could not score from the paint. Looking up at half I saw that we had about 3 assists and they had 1. There was no toss into the bigs waiting under the basket like in the last game.
    7. For Pete's sake guard number 4! She's their entire offense! I think typing this, she made another 3.
    8. #20 for Tech played like a freshman, but she's 6'5" and in two years she'll be trouble
    9. Just when I thought Higgs was back in the doghouse, she gets play time in the 2nd half
    10. Free throw shooting. OMG, it's going to cost us a trip to the final four. Why would any team fear getting into foul trouble with us if we shoot so poorly?