Taking responsibility

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by HANNAHORN, Mar 16, 2020.

1. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

In 2013 Trump tweeted "Leadership:Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.". Last week he said he would take no responsibility for the shortage of test kits. How do you reconcile those two statements?

2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

he is not in the medical supply business?

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

You don't. Although I dislike that first definition of leadership that our society embraces; seen it too often as an excuse for someone who isn't in charge of something to screw around and mess things up and then blame the leadership for his own laziness and failures.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

That's the best you got Huisache?

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You can't reconcile them. It was a stupid-*** thing to say - like a lot of things Trump says.

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Whether he accepts it or not, he's responsible. So is the Congress, and every other State and local legislator. So are you for that matter.

If you are looking to the government for leadership, you will be very disappointed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

It’s our responsibility to hold POTUS accountable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Here is an interesting thought there are more guns in America than citizens, and basically all of them are owned by Republicans and conservatives. Just something to think about in these trying times.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

How about the other elected officials. Do they get a pass?

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Nope. They need to be hit especially those that are playing politics during this time period.

11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Of course they do if their name is Clinton, Schumer, Pelosi or Biden. They're only trying to help out the little people who've been walked over all their lives.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Let us review --
    The Chinese lied about the coronavirus outbreak from the outset.
    Then they covered it up.
    Then they punished their own citizens who were whistleblowers trying to get the truth out.
    Then they refused to allow in outside experts to figure out what was happening
    Now they are spreading poisonous disinformation blaming it all on the US -- the CIA and/or US Army (Ft. Detrick).
    They killed Americans and crashed our stock market.
    Now they are taking advantage of the crisis to have hackers make a cyber attack our HHS. Cyber-Attack Hits U.S. Health Agency Amid Covid-19 Outbreak

I get it that this is a radical idea to some of you, but my proposal is that we place blame where it is properly due. Which is on the Chinese. And which is what I suspect the majority are Americans are going to do. Sadly enough for you and your political wetdreams.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A couple of ps' that occurred to me this am --

(a) The Chinese Govt sent representatives to Washington DC to sign the Phase I Trade Deal in mid-January. By then, they were fully aware what was going on in Wuhan. But they said nothing about it, gave no warnings, shook hands and made close contact with the top parts of our Executive Branch. We now know for certain that Beijing was already mobilizing a response at least by Jan 7. Yet Xi did not go public with any mention of the coronavirus until Jan 20. Think about that

(b) With regard to the HHS cyber attack mentioned above -- the Govt is saying no information was stolen. So what were they doing? The current working theory is that the break-in was to instead leave something behind. What? How about this - a corrupted record to support what they are telling the world - that this virus was created by the CIA/Ft. Detrick and sent to China? Which will later be leaked to a member of our China-friendly media.

This was Jan 15, 2020 in the White House at the Phase I signing ceremony
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020