Tannehill to Browns?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BigEarlinBastrop, Mar 29, 2012.

1. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

As number four overall pick? I don't think so, but that's possible according to Chronicle article.

the Link

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

And hilarity ensues. Ryan might have Colt beat in arm strength, but that's probably it.

3. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

If 3 quarterbacks go in the first 4 picks, and one of them is Tannehill, something is wrong with the NFL. With that high of pick, you take the best available player, or make a trade. Tannehill is definitely not the 4th best player. It is possible that they pick him later in the first round, but 4th?! [​IMG]

4. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

tannehill is in the same spot as christian ponder was last year. good QB who is overvalued right now because of the number of teams that need QBs/lack of QBs in this draft.

that being said, the kid is bright, has a good arm, good size and ran a 4.58. he's got all the tangible tools associated with being a good QB. i agree that he demonstrated some poor decision making last year at times, but that can be taught/coached out of him.

i'd be mildly surprised if the colts took him when they have so so so many other needs. they'd be smarter to trade down and pick up either blackmon or richardson.

i think the wildcard in this is seattle at #12. they could easily trade their pick, plus either whitehurst/jackson to the browns to move up to 4 to pick up tannehill (carroll and the seattle GM/OC were there too).

will be interesting to see what happens.

5. PropositionJoe

trash that idea. forgot that the seahawks picked up matt flynn.

replace everything i said about the seahawks with the dolphins.

6. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

So if he goes to the Seahawks, does that mean he's going to the Home of the 12th man? [​IMG]

7. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Tannehill to the Dolphins would make more "sense" in that Mike Sherman is there and undoubtedly has a comfort level with Ryan. As mentioned already, Tannehill to the Browns would be the ultimate WTF move, especially given their huge needs for a power RB and receivers who can catch. If the Browns go from trying to get Manning to settling for Tannehill, they will be the biggest joke in the NFL.

8. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

Ironic if he goes to Miami. It would be a reunion with Mike Sherman.

9. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

10. SHS1984

SHS1984 250+ Posts

If they make that pick, that will set them back at least 5 years

11. Longbomb

Longbomb 500+ Posts

Tannehill couldn't carry Colt's jock. The thought that he could possibly be better than Colt now or ever is a joke.

12. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Well, I dont give a crap about pro ball. So let me just say best of luck to the kid. [​IMG]

13. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

Tannehill is a monster when it doesn't matter and shrinks when it does.

14. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

15. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

16. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Thing about Tannehill is he has the talent. But he has too much of a small sample size and if I were an NFL exec, I would not draft him in the first. He's too unproven to warrant 1st round money. But, if I need a QB and he's still on the board in the 2nd or 3rd round, I would draft him on potential. He's only been a QB for a year so I'd cut him some slack. But so far he's folded in games when the defense was halfway decent. It's possible he could be a late bloomer.

But again, I wouldn't take a chance on him with 1st round money. If I were Cleveland, I'm Justin Blackmon all the way. Also, I'd get a running back. There will be plenty in the 2nd round because NFL execs are scared to spend 1st round money on them due to longevity issues. See Kijana Carter.

17. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

This has got to be a red herring put out there by Cleveland. Imo, they want everybody to think they're picking Tannehill, but they will take Blackmon.

The Browns need so much more than QB, on offense alone they need OL, WR, and RB.

I think Blackmon has the physical tools to be a starter for the next 12 years, and about 5 of those years on a pro-bowl level.

18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I tend to agree with orangecat. Do the Browns truly believe Colt is the answer - no. However they don't want to risk their QB of the future when they do not have an OL or NFL quality receivers.

They will stick with Colt for a couple of more years while building up their offense, then trade up to pick a QB who is now at best a Fr. or Soph. in college.

19. PropositionJoe

The browns need a lot more than just a qb.

Tannehill has a workout with the eagles today. Kind of out of the blue.

20. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

As long as they just need someone for the first half he should do great. Colt can come in in the second have to get some wins and reduce the damage he would take in the first.

21. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I could see Luck, or RG3, but a project like Tannehill that high? Even the Browns aren't that dense.

I agree that they ultimately take a sure bet in Blackmon with their first pick.

22. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

If Cleveland takes Tannehill in the 4th round than both Tannehill and McCoy will be screwed. Whoever ends up starting will probably be on an even worse offense than the Browns had last year.

23. misirlou

misirlou 250+ Posts

Tannehill in the 4th round would be a steal. I'm guessing you meant 4th overall though. [​IMG]

24. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

25. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

Mike&Mike were saying that it was rumored Miami would trade up to take Tannehill, because of a perception that they can't obtain a quarterback to play for them, after losing out on Manning and Flynn. sounds like a dumb reason to trade up.