TCU game

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Chop, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Dumb move by Mitchell to spike it after the easy dunk. When you're up 20 you don't need that.

2. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

Got too excited

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Under 6 to play and we still are under 10 turnovers. This is very good to see.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Player of the game:

this one is obvious…

TIMMY ALLEN

:bevo::bevo::bevo:
    :coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:
    :trophy::trophy::trophy:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

73-50 final

Great conference win Horns!!!

:bevo::bevo::bevo:
    :guitarnana::guitarnana::guitarnana:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

This kind of brings me back to the other thread about people worrying we'll miss the tournament. We are capable of winning games in this fashion. TCU isn't great but they're good. They're not a conference pushover in the sense that they might have been in other years.

If we can replicate that kind of rebounding and selfless play on the road in places like Lubbock, not only can we win those games, but we'll show the committee that we belong even if we lose.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Looking at the box score, ‘Horns best game.
    10 TOs
    21 assts.
    44.6% FG
    44.4% 3pt

Only weak spot was FTs 7 of 12.
    However, we have been an excellent FT team this year

Also good to get A. Jones back on track
    4 of 9 FG
    3 of 6 3pt
    3 assts
    1 TO

Just an excellent all around game against a pretty good team at their place in front of a packed arena
    This is the effort we have been expecting.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I watched most of it, and it didn't look like a team I had seen before tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Brock Cunningham raises his hand!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

RPI rating is currently worse than Ohio University (I would paste link, but I am technically challenged). Obviously, Texas has work to do. Fortunately the Big 12 is perhaps the best conference in America, so plenty of chances to increase RPI unlike Ohio. Do I think Texas gets in? Yes. However, today they would not and it is definitely not a given when March rolls around. I wrote it before and I will write it again, I will never understand why the played such a weak OOC schedule. It was a weak schedule even by Lamar University standards.

• poop poop x 1
  11. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Selection committee doesn't use the RPI any longer, they use the NET. We're #16 in the NET, right behind #15 Texas Tech. Ohio U is #89. I understand the disdain for the nonconference slate, but with how tough our schedule is here on out, I don't think it matters. It's not quite the knock on a basketball program as it is for a football program. Committee members remember that we played Gonzaga. They don't care about the December games when everyone was finding fill-ins during Covid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's what I was thinking, but was it a 1 game anomaly or the start of a trend? Still, nothing better than beating skunk head and the freaks in FW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Hey man, I'm from FW. I'm gonna come down to your house and have a talk, buddy.

:catfight:

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

Attended the game last night. The TCU students rival those in Lubbock for their hatred of Texas and lack of class. I don't mind the Horns down, but the constant chanting of "F*** UT" coupled with Horns down - even when their team was down 20 - was just embarrassing. Was that audible on the TV broadcast??

Definitely made the *** whooping that much more pleasurable for the burnt orange in the crowd. :hookem:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  15. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Watched from home, and could not hear the F---UT. But reading what you said, disappoints, but does not surprise me, Sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. horninchicago

Wait, so drunk college students being stupid is something new? Not defending it, but come on, is this a TCU thing?

Now back to Texas being suddenly good enough again for the final 4. Lol.

17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I can't read Beard's mind, but the team turned almost completely over. Not only did he bring in players from 6 or 7 other programs, but he lost 7 or 8 players from Shaka's team. Only three players on this year's team had played together in a system, thus there was no chemistry, nothing to build on to grow a team, or trust, or predictability.
    This year has basically been building a team, and system from the ground up. The easy schedule was in some ways a series of scrimmages for learning opportunities for the coaches and the players.
    Beard's style is vastly different from Shaka's. Motion in the offense, taking most shots from down low. Swarming defense that creates steals, turnovers, etc.
    I am encouraged by the last three games (even the loss at home to KSU which was an anomaly because both Jones and Ramey were ICE COLD) The talented players are showing signs of rounding into a team.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

Didn't hear that, but for sure heard them yelling at Brock when he was out hustling the whole gym !!!

• Hot Hot x 1
  19. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Did you hear what provoked Ramey’s knee jerk reaction that got him T’d up?
    When Ramey was called for a technical foul late in the game he went to the ref and pointed at the crowd or the TCU bench. Beard went ballistic and got up into the ref, pointing to the crowd. I got the idea the crowd yelled something ugly at Ramey and he knee jerked.

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Not only was that a start to finish total game smashing, we out rebounded the #1 rebounding team in the country. Love it!!

:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It was late in the 1st half. He made some comment at the bench. He was definitely riled up, but I don't think there was anything Beard could have convinced the officials about. Sometimes you deal with hostile crowds. Don't talk to the bench.

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

On spiking the ball by Mitchell, yeah he shouldn't do things that might cost us. That being said, I see it as the ref over-reacting to a rather minor infraction and display of positive, non-threatening, emotion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hard to tell what to think of this. TCU was bad tonight - definitely not the team that beat Iowa State by double digits. A lot of that is our defense, but they missed plenty of open shots.

Offense looked a lot better, but it didn't seem like TCU trapped as much as we've seen from teams that have given us trouble this year. It just didn't seem like our guards were under nearly as much pressure, and TCU wasn't collapsing that much on Allen and Bishop. Maybe we were just spreading the ball better and working the offense better.

Great effort regardless, good to get two in a row, but there's still work to be done!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yes, I would say that every time we play at the opponent’s home court we are dealing with a hostile crowd.
    :catfight::tap:

25. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Anytime buddy! :coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. horninchicago

Okay, I give up.

• Funny Funny x 3
  27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

There is just no known defense in any martial art against a dancing hook'em banana.

You are a wise warrior, HIC.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. horninchicago

One must know his limits. There is always a dancing banana who knows more techniques than you.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  29. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Who is "On"?

30. horninchicago

One must know who On is.

:fiestanana: