TCU vs. Texas Game 2

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Mar 25, 2016.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Texas goes for a sweep tomorrow against TCU, that's right, I said a sweep of the series.

Starting pitching keeps rolling along, but as I had tried to tell people the bullpen would be much better, when all the arms got back healthy. It's easier to use your staff, when you have your all your staff available. Remember this staff could have had Chad Hollingsworth, but his shoulder gave out, Parker Joe Robinson is another arm, that if he gets healthy, could make a difference too.

Howard and Culbreth were locked in a death match on the mound for five innings, Howard was getting the better of the match really.

Then in the sixth, it all happened, TCU has the bases loaded with one out, a 2-0 count on Watson, the leading rbi man in the Big 12 conference, then a double play ball, side down.

Texas in the bottom of the sixth, has runners on the corners, no outs. A double play ball scores the first run of the game appropriately enough, then Barrera doubles the score, with a blast.

Just like last night the bullpen shuts down the Frogs completely, with Shugart, Sawyer, and Mayes looking totally dominate. Texas has shutout a very good hitting TCU team, for fourteen straight innings, only letting the Frogs score in one inning so far in the series. Tonight held the Frogs to a season low four hits, after tying their season low last night, with seven hits.

It's on now, I want the sweep tomorrow, I'm greedy. It's a different team, with one same constant, the great pitching that makes this team go. With the better defense and some clutch hitting at times, this team could turn everything around. :hookem2::bevo:

• Like Like x 2
  2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Didnt see this one coming at all. Great pitching performance and defense and just barely enough hitting. Does this team have a second life, I guess we will see. :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

WOW!!! A salty win that I didn't see coming!

Let's sweep 'em!!!!:hookem:

4. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

What a huge start to conference play. Great thread, NB! Big Game #3 today so let's see what our young men are made of against #4 in the Nation.

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias