TCU vs Texas game thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by militaryhorn, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

After rewatching the game and i didn't watch it all i noticed that daniel young was hit at least 4 times in the backfield. Its like they knew he was going to get the ball which make sense since he is our short yardage guy. When we sub young for Watson he gets the handoff. Its like a tell. So a play action fake could work nicely. Draw in a linebacker and throw the ball to a tight end moving behind the lbs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Entire game, in case you dont have LHN (in which case you will see the replay 12,000 times)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

What do you think happened when Sam scored from the 2 yard line?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That was a ZR not a PA pass but the idea is the same.

5. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Ding ding ding^^^this^^^
    ...I believe

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yes, the fake to Young fooled every linebacker they had, making for an easy six points. Just pointing out to PomPoms that we already tried his idea, and yes, sure enough, it worked.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Daniel's runs remind me alot of Chris Warren last year...He can really do some damage...IF he gets a head of steam. The scheme and/or execution isn't providing him that opportunity very often.
    Besides him being an absolute stud, this is one of the main reasons I am playing engineer on the KI#26 hype train...I believe the respective rankings for our backs as far as turning little or nothing into more or alot to be as follows:
    1. Ingram
    2. Watson
    3. Young
    ...Though they are better we still don't have a road-grating, dominant line. Ingram has elite vision and ability to react to what he sees.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018