TCU's team mom

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by alt875, Jun 8, 2009.

1. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

Did anyone meet this lady? She was sitting in the seats along right field, and was easily the most passionate opposing fan I've ever seen at the Disch.

I went and talked to her today, and she was also very sweet. She honestly made me wish that TCU had been playing someone else, so that I could pull for them.

At one point she said to me "Well aren't you going to ask which one is my boy?" I asked "Which one?" Her reply, a very emphatic "Every damn one of em'!"

2. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Wish I had. I saw her coming in yesterday and saw her sitting there before the game and she sure looked like a fun fan. She had a sign about "Win or it's No Chunky Soup for you" or something like that and she genuinely looked happy to be there both days despite the blistering heat.

Wish they'd have let the Frogs have a shot at the SEC so that we coulda had two in Nirvana. Tough out for Wayne's Bunch having to punch out Tigger in The Box.

3. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

worthless.without.pics.

4. guy noir

guy noir 100+ Posts

She probably illegally provides benefits to the cockroaches. Under no circumstances should you wish any good fortune for them. They all hate the Horns and have a big chip on their shoulders.

5. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

6. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

Come on froggies!!!

BTW, I did talk to her and her husband for about fifteen minutes or so, and I even got a hug and a kiss from her [​IMG]

7. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

I wonder what happened to the guy with the purple hair that they kept showing on Sunday?

8. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

They do hate Texas and have an enormous chip on their shoulders about not being in a BCS conference, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be gracious hosts. We've done this many times, but this was their first rodeo, and they were a worthy opponent.

9. texkermit

texkermit 25+ Posts

[​IMG]

Going through my photos I found this one of the TCU Team Mom.

Is it Sunday yet?

edit--- found this one from Game 3... not a great photo but shows her froggy friends. She was awesome!

[​IMG]

10. Bevo's Buddy

Bevo's Buddy 500+ Posts

I liked the frog umbrella she was sportin' on Sunday.

11. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

anyone who can't be nice to this sweet old lady should be punched in the nads.

12. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Dude, you cant be mean or hateful to this woman, no matter who she is pulling for--got to love those fans who have cheered on GENERATIONS of her team! Good for her!! too bad they had to come thru Austin to get to the CWS

13. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

No ****! We should all be such devoted fans when we get to her age.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

14. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

Texkermit, those pictures are awesome, thanks.

Unless you were over there you can't truly appreciate how awesome she was.

15. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

you cannot tell by the still photo of her, but the video shows her sign that says " Win or no Chunky Soup"--looks like that is the stuff of Larry Bud's wife on David Letterman--allsome!!! [​IMG]

16. bclarke

bclarke 25+ Posts

We saw her take her seat right behind home plate at the Frogs' ball park when we were doing our regional and WCWS tour. It was actually more uncomfortable that afternoon at Lufton than at Disch-Falk on Saturday - she gets points for that.

Charming Wife and Darling Daughter #2 met her late Monday after our game - we're waiting on her to send us a picture. She is for real, and I hope she gets to go to Omaha one day to see her Frogs. I hope we send them packing when they are there, but I hope she gets to make the trip.