TE Aucoin transferring

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's odd, but considering Herman's dissatisfaction with who he has there, and the fact that Peyton still didn't seem to be in the mix, maybe it just wasn't going to work out for him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

My thoughts as well. Never saw him contribute, but maybe I missed it. Still I wish him good luck and good fortune in life.

4. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't he the only healthy guy all spring at the position

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

We are not meant to have productive TEs, it is a cosmic law

• Like Like x 3
  6. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The kind of offense he was recruited for is different than the kind of offense we're running now. Hope he finds a place where his skills match team needs. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

He was a TE at Texas...when was the last time you REALLY saw one of those contribute.

The position is one that languished in one of two places at Texas in recent seasons...on the injury list or in the same anonymity and obscurity as most offensive lineman.

8. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Perhaps he just wasn't on board with the intensity of Coach Herman's system.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe that would be Dave Thomas, who while a Longhorn great is remembered most by Mobilehoma and Colorado as "The Enforcer". Two plays that sent an undisputed message to each, both of whom acknowledged the "DT Cease and Desist Order". We haven't had that on a Texas football team since he and Studdard graduated.

• Like Like x 2